Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 May 2017
Well written and an easy read.
on 16 May 2017
Yet again another great read! Hopefully there are many more to come! I need my Hunter and Rink fix regularly !!
on 3 October 2014
I remember in my "yoof" reading cowboy books penned by J.T. Edson. They were rip roaring stuff involving larger than life action heroes of the old west. Part of the appeal, and indeed success of these books was the fact that most of those reading had a mental picture that the aforementioned Edson was a tall, rangy western figure himself who wrote from experience. It turned out he was a miner's son from a pit village in Derbyshire. The books were no better or worse for this though.

The point I'm making is that Matt Hilton's books and in particular this one are every bit as good as many other authors who write in a similar genre, but as someone living in the north of England instead of New England, New Jersey or California, perhaps he gets a little less acclaim for his work than he should. Maybe those darned Americans can only permit one English person writing action hero thrillers at a time set in the Americas. Their loss, say I. I also say that it's only a matter of time before the success that Matt Hilton's books currently enjoys is multiplied many times over. If he were a limited company, I'd be buying shares.

So anyway, I've prattled on a bit there without telling you much about this actual book. Sorry for that. But you can get a pretty good idea of the plot and how good it is to read from the other reviews on here and they'll probably mostly do it better than me. So I'll finish by saying that this book is excellent, I really enjoyed it. Buy it and you won't be disappointed. And you'll be part of the imminent explosion that is Matt Hilton.
on 4 August 2014
It amazes me how Matt Hilton isn't at the top of the bestsellers charts. The Lawless Kind is his ninth Joe Hunter book and the pace is unrelenting.
Matt Hilton and Lee Child are the only two authors who can get me excited now. Although the Jack Reacher series has been tarnished by Tom Cruise's pathetic portrayal (a giant in a midget's body).
But Joe Hunter is perfect for the big screen. It's non stop action all the way and, unlike Reacher, the books don't just rely on one character.
Jared 'Rink' Rington features in them all as Joe's trusty friend. And there are others in the merry band who would happily die for Manchester boy Joe.
The Lawless Kind sees the action move to Mexico as Joe and his men try to rescue a 'kidnapped' toddler from his father, the head of a drug cartel. There are plenty of twists and turns, some unexpected, others telegraphed, but it all adds to the excitement.
So come on Hollywood, get Hunter in the cinemas -- just keep Tom Cruise away from it!
on 29 April 2014
Someoneone who has reviewed this book has said it wasn't up to his previous standard. It wasn't. It was far better than that!
Superbly written, past paced and a storyline that will have readers gripped from the first chapter.
Joe Hunter is a character that will be around for a long time and I look forward to his future escapades.
I highly recommend you to buy this book.

Ian McAdam
on 19 February 2014
as a fan of Mr Hilton, Joe Hunter and his band of merry followers, I found this latest novel to be in my opinion the best yet with a truly gripping story line and an amazingly good show of camaraderie between the gang. 5 out of 5 from me!!!!!!
on 7 December 2014
Top class thriller, from a top class author. Matt Hilton always gives value for money. Any of Matt's books could be made into an Hollywood action movie we all have different tastes but I would name Matt Hilton in my top 3 authors. (1) Matthew Reilly, (2) Matt Hilton (3) Lee Child.
on 24 August 2014
I started reading Joe Hunter after finishing the Jack Reacher series (to date) and have not been disappointed, they are well written and the Characters/ situations are different enough from Reacher to make them interesting. I also recommend the John Puller books by David Baldacci.
on 10 February 2014
Hunter reminds me a lot like Jack reacher he's strong and aggressive but only when necessary, he always puts others ahead of himself, he respects the law and has morals although he kills it is for the good of others, if you love teacher you'll love Hunter
on 19 October 2014
There is not a wasted word in this book.
The plot rattles along at the pace of a runaway train. The whole Hunter team is along for the ride. The action is fast, furious and relentless. I just wish there were more thrillers as good as this out there.