Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 September 2013
Oh my the Davenport boys! Dreamboats Inc!

Liv and Cash, remain together, falling deep! The prologue was yuk! I have to say tho, glad things went the way they did.

That was a heart stopping moment, glad to say that Gavin is on their side, so loved it when he first meets Olivia, made me chuckle, and how quickly Gavin had picked up on their feelings four each other.

Still love Ginger, just the right amount of love and protection for Liv, but with enough dirty one liners to keep you snickering.

When we met Olivia's mom, you just wanted to bash her one, cold hearted cow.

I had wondered why we never go it to see the boys together, now we know! Holy hotness! The pages could handle all that heat!

Oh Melissa, wanna say she gets her comeuppance, but think the same way Olivia does, and feel sorry for her, hopefully she will be a better person after this! Maybe Nash and her can work something out?

Going to have to start on final installment, need to know how this ends! Am really loving this story, the intense sexual chemistry, the thrilling suspense, the building friendships.
on 8 January 2013
WOW!! I literally downloaded this to my kindle on 6th Jan and could not put it down until I finished it last night on 7th Jan :D
After completing the first book in the series (which I also loved)last week, I was lucky that when I searched for the 2nd book it had just been released and was availble for immediate download BUT now Im lost as Im faced with an unknown wait for book 3!!!
I will however be checking out other books by same author as these were so good Ill give them a whirl :)
on 24 January 2013
Absolutely great sequel, read both in 24hrs, just couldn't put it down. Only dissapointment is that I hope readers dont get put off by the cover and cheesy names (Cash and Nash), even so can't wait for the third/fourth/fifth... Books, so long may Olivia and Cash continue!
on 10 February 2013
Loved it! Fab sequel to cash and olivias story. Cash is a dream, I so need to find my own cash. Can't wait for nashs story because I haven't really warmed to him yet. M.Leighton has fast become one of my fave authors! Recommend you read down to you firstx
on 12 September 2016
Not many books I can read so quickly and get so addicted to! Absolutely loved it roll on book 3!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2013
loved down to you - and this follow up kept up the pace. great charcters, racy pacing story that doesn't let up. Lots of drama and a bit of angst, tied up with some steamy sex - yep, all the stuff i love :)
on 6 February 2013
Brilliant... loved it. Great story and great characters. I physically cannot wait for book 3 !! I just hope there is a happy ending
on 13 January 2013
I was so looking forward to this sequel but .... I'm feeling a bit let down. I devoured Down to Me so as soon as this was published I downloaded it and started reading it, leaving the book I was in the middle of. Oliva did my head in ... totally, so much so I went back to the book I had left, something I don't often do, and have only just come back and finished this. Thankfully she did redeem herself but man, that was some going!

I felt it was a bit drawn out and maybe should have been included in the first book to make it a stand alone.

This said I loved Cash, and mmmm Gavin .... he so needs his own story. I also loved the twist near the end and am eagerly awaiting book 3
on 13 February 2013
This is the sequel to Down to You, about twins Cash and Nash and Cash's girlfriend Olivia. I only read it because book one left things on a cliffhanger and I wanted to find out what happened.

I have to tell you that this book also leaves things on a cliffhanger so I've had enough now. This book didn't keep my interest enough for me to want to pay for more of them, especially if this is going to be how it goes - keep paying the author's salary because she's incapable of finishing a story in one book. I have to say I feel a little bit cheated, especially as I found this book quite boring, and kept wondering how much more was left until I could finish it (never a good sign). There was one major twist in it, but apart from that nothing much happens which isn't obviously signposted up front. The sex alone isn't enough to keep me hooked I'm afraid.
Please bear in mind that this is book 2 in the series and may therefore contain spoilers for the previous book.

Up to Me picks up at the end of Down to You with the same dual, first person narrative of Olivia and Cash. Olivia has some serious trust issues as a result of previous relationships and her really awful mother. The situation she finds herself in with Cash and the position it puts her in really does nothing to help her deal with these issues and in some respects it amplifies them. She is very easily swayed by the thoughts and opinions of others probably due to her deep-rooted insecurity.

There is even more action and plot twists within the story while the romance is an underlying element rather than the focus although it is still hot and steamy

The dangerous secrets Cash has kept hidden are jeopardising any future Cash has planned, it is a cruel twist of fate that it happens at the start of his relationship with Olivia. He feels responsible even though it is not his fault. Cash has never allowed himself to get close to anyone before Olivia, and while he finds comfort in her it is also unnerving for him. I loved how the narrative showed that you gain insight into yourself by being open about your feelings with others.

New characters introduced into the plot aid the character development of the protagonists by their interactions especially Cash's best friend, Gavin. A man with a shady past yet he is a loyal friend and very caring even if there is an edge to him. I have to say I would love to see Gavin get his own story. While both Cash and Olivia continued to develop, I must mention the most drastic character development was with Marissa, Olivia's super bitch cousin. I am really looking forward to seeing her transform further in the third book.

I adore how Michelle is able to mix high tension action with hot romance and still maintain the sensuality I've come to expect from her writing. If you like The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines then you are sure to love The Bad Boys by M Leighton.