on 29 May 2017
Not worth the money.
on 14 March 2015
So disappointed I could cry! I was really looking forward to receiving this book, expecting lots of innovative and exciting new recipes. For the most part it is just recipes that have been around for years, with chillies in them - most of the originals also had chillies....pad thai, Turkish eggs, Indian lentils, various Middle Eastern recipes....I had them all. Gosh, and imagine making cauliflower cheese with blue cheese, whoever would have thought of doing that? - it's quite insulting really.

I was also expecting more information on chillies generally, particularly the more unusual ones, but no.....

The only plus point was that at least half the book wasn't taken up with endless drivel about the author, I can forgive a couple of pages, but I'm not sure all the photos of her added anything.
on 23 July 2014
Adore her cooking and her books and this is no different. Perfect addition to any kitchen chilli lovers or not. Chilli brownies to die for. Rose scented slow roast lamb the perfect family Sunday lunch. Huge fans in my house. Big and small. Great pressie for the less adventurous.
on 23 July 2014
Thomasina always injects such fun and enthusiasm into her food – her vivacious personality and goofy smile lace her (always) utterly delicious dishes and give them punch. I realise I must eat something with chilli in it every day – seriously, I'm obviously addicted, so this book is my perfect poison but it's not all about searing heat by any means. There are loads of recipes that just demand a subtle hint to give them an extra boost. So far I've made pittas stuffed with potato, pea and ginger curry (super easy and dribbling delicious) - I could actually eat it every day. And I can't count the summer lunches when I've served up her yummy red pepper and goat's cheese tart - even my three year old loves it. The page is already sticky from little (and big) hands. Next on my list are the Lebanese lamb wraps. Chillies are so good for you and boost the immune system and this book is a hot pot of sizzling treats.
on 24 June 2014
I am a big fan of Thomasina Miers's books. This one is not just about Mexican food. It has recipes from all over the world. As in her other books TM explains the flavours of her key ingredients (here it's chillies not surprisingly) and suggests alternatives if you can't get hold of them which means that you can still make the food. I really recommend the chilli chocolate brownies. I made them with gluten free flower and they worked perfectly and were delicious.
on 7 October 2014
A really tasty book. There are some super recipes in this book and it really gives you a great tutorial on chills! It offers alternatives and substitutions for harder to find chilli's and for those who may not like a recipe so hot. I would love to see Thomasina on the TV, but I haven't and i can guess by her writing that she is a fun cook.
If you like a bite to your dishes, you will enjoy this book.
on 23 July 2014
Lovely book. Have now tried out quite a few of the recipes and all have worked really well. Agree with the other reviewers about chilli brownies - huge hit. Really good purchase if you are a bit scared of cooking with chilli (as I was, not any more...).
on 25 November 2014
Very good book
on 23 July 2014
If you love chillies – or just exciting, fresh flavours – you'll love this book. Influenced by Mexican and Asian cuisine, Thomasina Miers' recipes are delicious, easy to follow and fun to read. This book is rather like having an enthusiastic friend wit you in the kitchen, urging you on to cook better, more delicious and more exciting recipes.
on 13 August 2014
Such a great book - I love chilli, but never knew it could be used in such fun, exciting, and TASTY ways. Chilli chocolate brownies are now my go-to way to impress friends. The book is great for both Summer and Winter recipes, and Thomasina's evident passion for this fantastic ingredient is apparent throughout the book. Even if you think you don't like chillis, I urge you to give this book a go; I guarantee you'll be surprised - it's not all about the burn, chilli brings out the best taste in every dish.