on 15 February 2013
I didn't enjoy this book but obviously lots of people do so if you like Lauren read this book.I'm sure she's an ok girl but it wasn't for me.Any criticism is not of her herself but of the book content which I felt could have been so much more exciting but I WILL LEAVE THAT FOR OTHERS TO DECIDE.SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT SPRINGS TO MIND...
44 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2013
Defo one for Towie fans and girly girls out there. I did like this book, not so much the makeup tips but I guess that's Essex style but more for Lauren opening up about her childhood and insecurities. In Towie she always came across quite confident but I feel that was a facade now.

Obviously Mark Wright features heavily but he was part of her life for long time,
they grew up together! She defo had rose tinted specs where he was concerned tho, putting up with his womanising ways. Mark was good on Towie but very full of himself, he is a good looking guy but that doesn't give him the "Wright" to be disrespectful.
on 16 July 2014
Received, thankyou,
on 13 May 2015
Read this on holiday expecting it to be rubbish as so many have slated it on here but I ended up feeling for Lauren. She isn't perfect but from what she says she had a tough time with Mark and there's stuff in the book I had no idea about (and I'm a TOWIE fan). She clearly has had her confidence knocked with her weight being discussed by every magazine/newspaper but she's just trying to get on and make a life for herself. I've definitely read a different side to her - I say, give the girl a break!
on 28 February 2013
I have read a sample of the book, but what i have read so far looks like a good read. It seems Lauren got everything she wanted from her father. Her mother seemed to only see her at the weekends, but let her do what she wanted, and when she wanted..So going by the small amount that i read, it seems Lauren was spoilt..So when she grew up and was mucked about by Mark, she basically acted like he is an object that belongs to her, and nobody else!
So like any spoilt kid, she stamps her feet, throws a fit until she gets her favorite toy back!!
Mark does seem to be a player, so anybody else would see that and let him go.He tried to break away from her, but she was always two feet behind. So when he's new beau didn't work out, then she was always be there to take him back.
So, so far, what i have read, it does seem that she made herself that door mat to be walked over. She does seem to be a bit blinkered into believing that Mark did love her. He might have done at the beginning of their relationship, but what she has wrote here, it was definitely not love. She was hes safety net to catch him just in-case hes new girlfriend wasn't hes ideal match , or the new girlfriend was a pushover like her!
It seemed she believed every word he said. That obviously says it all really. She was blinded by the love for him, and couldn't see that he had fallen out of love with her and wanted her to be tucked up at home to play the "good old reliable safety net"
At the moment, so far, without reading the whole book, she comes across as a woman scorned, and still hasn't caught on to the fact that she put herself there. So no sympathy there from me, but as she say's in her own words that "I will change my opinion of her, by the time i have read her book"
I think i will wait until someone puts a cheap second hand one on Amazon for a couple of quid, and hope that my opinion does change and for the better!!

I have read this book now..Sorry but this book is all about how obsessed she is with herself and Mark. Her die hard fans who are on Twitter, who i assume are very young teenagers claim the book brought them to tears..I can't see what bit that can make them that upset, because all i read was how spoilt she was as a kid, and how much she is in love with herself and Mark!!
Boring read, but good if your in love with Lauren as much as she is with herself!!...My book that i bought is going straight to the charity shop,where it belongs. Waste of money!!!!
on 25 October 2014
Nice gossip read
on 24 March 2013
Easy quick read. Feel sorry for the girl for getting so much grief for APPARANTLY? Being fat. She has never been fat. She has a lovely figure that shows a good example to young girls. She is slim and anyone that's smaller than her are just anorexic and bad examples. I would love to have her sexy womanly figure. She should ignore the people that slate her hiding behind a computer,probably because there ugly obese trotters that are jealous!
on 15 February 2013
Could not put this book down. I liked Lauren anyway but after reading this made me like her more as she is honest.
on 22 July 2013
She shoulda waited till she was over Mark before she wrote this.
It reads like shes still head over heels in love with him and its a bit cringey. esp the photos.

Other than her and mark, there really wasnt a lot to this book. It was a fine read but didnt tell me anything i wouldnt have really known otherwise with the exception of her shifting between her mum and dads houses.
on 18 July 2014
This is less of a biography than an advice book on beauty. There are some interesting bits, such as Lauren's childhood, her time on TOWIE and her relationship with Mark, but there were long 'how to..' sections, on things like what to wear on nights out, and how to fake tan, which I ended up skipping completely.