on 3 February 2014
Not as good as the first book. A little bit rabbling and self congratulating - we all know he was a great umpire! This was bought for my husband so his comments!

This was bought for my husband so these are his comments. He did not think this book was as good as the first one, it was all a bit rambling and a bit self congratulating - we all know he is a great umpire! Would not buy again
on 20 May 2013
An interesting and well written book about the sport, of which I have always had a lot of interest, over the years.
Dear old Dickie Bird was my favourite umpire of all time and always will be.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in the game of Cricket.
I have the first book Dickie Bird wrote on the subject of umpiring cricket.
on 8 August 2013
What can I say ... it's our Dickie ... you knew it would be good ... but this is brilliant ...
It's almost as though you were sitting in his front room and he was talking just to you over a cuppa ... ! Highly recommended and not just because I'm a Yorkshire lass ... !
on 10 February 2018
I have acquired several classical music and cricket books as a result of Christmas gifts and I am steadily getting through them, and will eventually review them after they have been read.Kind regards David Smith.
on 6 January 2017
Bought as a gift. Very well received.
on 10 May 2016
super story about a great man , why hasn't he been knighted I wonder.
on 15 April 2017
GOOD
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 January 2016
This was a present and they were thrilled to get it.
on 5 November 2017
this book is ideal as a present
on 2 June 2015
Given as a present to a cricket lover. No comments received yet