Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 March 2017
Very disappointed with this book. I really liked Mad love and thought I'd enjoy this too but as someone else said earlier, it felt like he was being lazy when writing it. I doubt it was proof read due to spelling errors and the odd missing word. No laugh out loud moments for me in this one! The predicaments were nauseatingly predictable. The 'poop that wouldn't flush where she ended up putting it in a carrier bag and leaving it next to the note on the worktop' story has been around since the dawn of the internet.
I can't make out whether or not Laura is feisty or not because she was just a bit annoying. The characters lack consistency apart from their predictable knack for getting into daft situations that aren't even very funny. The diary she writes to her mum is a bit irritating in the way she ends each entry. Like another reviewer, I didn't like Jame that much some way through the book. I didn't actually finish it because it really wasn't a page turner like some of his others! The story was lacking so it felt like the end wasn't important.
All in all a bit 'meh!'
on 19 April 2017
Sooo glad i discovered nick spalding! I laughed so much reading fat chance my 1st book that ive now gone on to read quite a few more of his books and his love series based around jamie and lauras escapades have not dissapointed! Each one has had me crying with laughter so much and i look forward to reading the 4th in the series to see what becomes of the hilarious couple. Nick spalding is now my favourite funny author and is just the tonic for anyone feeling fed up. A fantastic mood lifter.
on 14 April 2017
The five stars were due to the delicious storyline and so many easily visualised laugh out loud storylines. Loved carrying on the relationship with the Newmans. Can't wait to start the next book.
on 6 May 2017
Excellent. Loads of laughs from start to finish. And most of all enjoyable, well written. Go for it, you wont regret it
on 24 March 2017
This was recommend by a friend. Funny easy read as I lived on Aus it was nice to relate to places I know.
on 13 April 2017
Like this as I am quite friendly with the family now. Went on to order next in series.
on 12 August 2015
Another funny book from Nick Spalding charting the new life down under for the couple and their child. As good as the previous two books and the ending is really good. Looking forward to reading the next one.
on 26 February 2013
Brilliant book.. Im so glad Nick is keeping us all up to date with his family life.. This time in Austrailia.. this book has some very funny moments and also some where you sit and think ... No !! Dont go there! I only hope Nick can keep this up.. its a hard act to follow and his readers are not going to let him rest. More please .
on 27 April 2017
Great read, really funny, would recommend
on 29 May 2017