Customer reviews

The French Postmistress: Fogas Chronicles 3
Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 June 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed this adventure into the French Pyrenees. I feel like one of the community now that I have read all three of these books, there are so many lovely characters. This book has two story lines running through it, you can imagine the Postmistress and her Mother being typically loud, arm waving, French women and getting drawn into their lives quite unintentionally. I also liked that Official Bear Man his story is not what you expect and is all the more enjoyable because of it. I can't wait for the next installment as I feel quite lost without the commune to read about.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2013
The third and in my opinion best book in the series describing the "goings on" in a small French commune. It's definitely better to read the series in order because you get to meet the characters in turn and really feel you get to know them! I tried really hard to limit myself to 3 chapters a day, but by the end I couldn't hold on - the drama overtook me and I finished it in a week!Really really enjoyed the book and the series, and would highly recommend, especially to anyone who loves France.Am now just waiting for the 4th...........!!
7 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2014
I bought the first of Julia's books L'auberge, read it within 24 hours, so promptly bought the next 2. Bad news is I read them in a few hours! You can see from my previous reviews that I am a huge fan of Julia's

I am so pleased I found Julia's books. The characters are likeable and well formed and the stories a delight. In many ways there is a slight humour of MC Beaton and Joanne Harris . I highly recommend

Her new book is due out in April - my only criticism is I wish Julie could write quicker.....
on 10 August 2013
I have read all the books in this series and am looking forward to more. The characters are so real and likeable and make you want to know what happens to them all. The story progresses in real time and is well written and very funny at times. I think it gives a true reflection of what it would be like to live in France and how the local people would react to 'interlopers' moving into their villages. Brilliant!
One person found this helpful
on 17 May 2014
Julia Stagg is writing 5 books about her time in France!! The characters she has developed are brilliant - We live in a very rural area of France and can fully understand the dynamics - Only problem is that they are such page turners they end far too quickly and also have to wait till 2015 for the next one.
on 9 October 2013
I absolutely adore tales of Fogas. They are so funny and warm and once I start them can't put them down. Slow life in little village in Pyrenees full of different characters and their secrets.
I cried over dead bear's body just like children of the commune and Tour the France for the very first time wasn't the dullest event ever...
One person found this helpful
on 26 December 2017
a great read
on 9 June 2018
Excellent
on 14 August 2017
The series is a must read of charming stories in the Pyrenees
on 20 April 2016
Excellent book. Exciting and well written. One of a series and all as good as each other.