2,319
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 May 2017
Classic Grisham. Highly entertaining. Small town American lawyer from the deep South where segregation was still a problem,in the 80 s, battling over a contested will. A sequel to "A Time to Kill", but it works fine as a stand alone novel. I was just sorry when I finished it.
on 25 March 2017
I hadn't realised that this book was a sequel but not having read the earlier one that didn't detract from the enjoyment of a terrific read.
on 18 March 2017
Tense courtroom thriller. Love John Grisham's books, love the characters and love the build up to the final chapters.
on 16 September 2014
It beggars belief that black people can still be treated with contempt; degardation and humiliation by so called civilised society in the 20th and 21st centuries, read on.
Having read the prequel "A Time To Kill" I was keen to read "Sycamore Tree". Both based on the reprehensible treatment of black people in Mississippi in the 20th century and conveyed through a legal storyline, it was engrossing and distressing in equal measure.
Prior to reading "Sycamore Tree" I was unsure if this sequel would feel repetitive, John Grisham took care of that and had me entranced for hours within the story.
Great detail throughout with several strands of the story running at the same time kept me enthralled and with a terrific ending.
on 16 May 2017
Grisham is nothing if he is not a good spinner of yarns. Keeping his story moving forward but never in a straight line he is able to keep the reader engaged from start to finish.
on 10 June 2017
When I picked this up I thought that the courtroom chapters would become complicated and over elaborate, I thought that when I got there I might get bored and never finish this book! How wrong I was. This book keeps your interest from first to last page. This must rate as one of John Grisham's best.
on 26 April 2017
You would think a book about a contested will would be boring but I couldn't put it down! Reminded me why I like John Grisham so much. Very readable in typical Grisham style.
on 11 April 2017
A satisfying read all the way through. Conflict between black and white peoples adequately represented throughout. Satisfying ending to the perceived conflict.
on 27 April 2017
Brilliant story telling, as always.
I haven't read the first book in this story, but it hasn't spoiled the reading of this one.
on 17 May 2017
Read this every spare minute I had till I got to the end. Intricate, cleverly woven tale. Characters were so 'real'. Wow!
Highly recommended.