Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 July 2015
VI continues her battle against corporate greed and crime in Chicago .... This time friends suffer almost as much as our heroine as she struggles to understand the mess she has become embroiled in when a former workmate of of her neighbour turns up dead while VI is trying to locate him on behalf of her neighbour.
on 18 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it was riveting and the story flowed. The heroine is a real tough cookie and utterly believable. Once again I was sorry when I had finished this tale, I always enjoy Sara's books and this was one of her very best.
on 17 February 2013
Absolutely fantastic read. Ending was a little soppy but appropriate as right through the book there are hints of Warshawski's age. Lotty and Max don't feature quite as significantly as in other books but the change makes this one fresh and different.
on 10 June 2013
I really like the scene setting from food to diners to transport. Also the actual story and descriptions of people are always good.
on 10 May 2015
Excellent read, Paretsky rarely disappoints and I enjoy having a paperback to keep at such a bargain cost.
on 16 January 2016
Up to Sara Paretsky's usual standard, even if the plots stretch the limits of believability!
on 2 December 2015
I love this series: I'm make my my way through them all.