on 5 August 2013
I usually enjoy all of Jeffrey Deaver's books, but I found this to be soooo disappointing. Remember The bone collector with all twists & turns - well this one was so predictable! Nothing out of the ordinary at alll. It felt forced & heavy. Once again so disappointed
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 August 2013
Lincoln Rhyme continues to fight and progress from his wheelchair bound quadriplegia in the same way he attacks his cases. Aided by his loving Amelia Sachs he is on an investigation into a professional assassination of an outspoken critic of US foreign policy, Robert Moreno, in the Bahamas. Assistant New York District Attorney enlists Lincoln Rhyme's expertise in fact-finding with an agenda to enhance their personal profile and ambitions whilst implicating a higher US government official in the conspiracy to add to the confrontations that follow.

Jeffrey Deaver delivers the narrative that follows in a pacey and twisting style. Rhyme and Amelia Sachs piece together the minutiae of evidence in their characteristic obsessional manner. The assassin is ruthless and a step or two ahead of the pursuers, thinking nothing of torturing and murdering potential witnesses and informants of the crime.

The chase for the perpetrator and the people giving the orders and back-up are intriguing if at times implausible. The plot overall is somewhat familiar but still an enjoyable read if not up to Deaver's very best. Well worth reading.
on 1 December 2013
Very much a Lincoln Rhyme fan and have read all previous books.This was a big disappointment the plot was slow to build and characters bland.I will not be looking forward to the next book with so much enthusiasm .
on 2 July 2013
Ive read most of mr deavers books and generally enjoy them. This one was standard lincoln rhyme fayre with some twists and lincoln actually leaving his room! BUT i sort of wanted more. some background sections were overly long, the book could have had a little more excitement for my liking. I think deaver fans wont dislike it but i dont think its one of his best
on 21 August 2013
I normally love Jeffrey Deavers books!! I think I have them all and have loved every one apart from this one. I almost packed it in half way through as it was so boring but forced myself to finish it in case it got better. It didn't. Very disappointing,frustrating and hard to get into. I LOVE Lincoln Rhyme so I will buy his next one in the hope Jeffrey gets back on top form !!
on 27 July 2013
Usually LOVE this series of books but this one disappointed me. Where's the twists and turns and suspense, I want a real baddie.
on 26 June 2013
This was a good read, but the killer and his agenda didn't really tickle my pickle. I much prefer the likes of the Watchmaker and Malerik. Still, I'm glad I bought the book and recommend it to all of Mr. Deaver's devout followers.
on 12 April 2015
I have to admit being slightly disappointed in this book. I have a few books by J,D., and have always enjoyed them, but in this instance, I'm afraid the Kill Room didn't do much for me. I found it dragged a bit in the middle of the book, and I had to keep referring to previous pages to try and catch up. Having said that, the ending was spot on. This, however, will not deter me from reading more of Jeffrey Deaver's books. All you crime readers, please do not let me put you off reading JD. This is purely a personal view. Others may enjoy this book very much.
on 7 April 2016
Very complex thriller. Kept me engaged to the end. Jeffrey Deaver never disapoints. Characters are very well drawn and Lincoln Rhyme is believable in that he is difficult rude and brilliant. Unputdownable.
on 10 November 2013
I've read all the Lincoln Rhyme books and Deaver has always been one of my all time favourite authors. I didn't know what to expect after reading and being very disappointed in the Sleeping Doll (the first in his Kathryn Dance series). Well, I had nothing to be concerned over! Rhyme, Sachs and all our favourite characters are back and hot on the trail of a US Government sniper who apparently wrongly murdered an innocent terror suspect. In true Deaver style nothing is straight forward and although there appears to several plots and even more sub plots, it's easy to keep abreast of the finer nuances as they progress in the book. It's fast paced and thrilling enough to keep you reading long after your bed time (if you are that way inclined). However, I would have loved to read more about Rhyme and Sachs' relationship and I was disappointed that this has not been progressed in the book. Overall, it's a great book and if you love the series, you will love The Kill Room too.