on 4 January 2015
I like reading books with comedy in them and I did like this and in some ways, preferred it to the first one. It's the same story, Rae thinks she's too fat, she's got mental health issues, she's pining over her fishy named best friend. There is a lot of focus on her weight. I know these are real diaries and I think if I had known Rae in real life, I would have found her hilarious.
on 26 May 2014
I preferred this book over the original, I thought it was so funny and really liked Rae, loved the message involved with both books and was the perfect ending to Rae's teenage life, nice and rounded off! loved it :)
on 9 January 2015
good reading for teenages.
on 8 March 2017
Arrived in perfect shape. Thank u!!
on 14 November 2015
Really boring first one is better
on 13 July 2015
Repetitive and quite boring in parts, just watch the Tv series instead!
on 6 March 2014
I love Rae Earl. Well, she's shared three years of her intimate thoughts, passions, and fears with us. I have so enjoyed learning them, rooting for her all the way.

In this second volume of Rae's diaries, once again, the skillful editing of the adult author carries us fluently through her mind and story whilst perfectly preserving the feel of the angst-ridden scribblings of a sex-starved, obese teenager struggling with her mental health.

Somehow volume 2 of Rae's diaries is even more engaging and laugh-out-loud-funnier than volume 1. And this second volume brings us much more insight into the history and day-to-day experience of Rae's mental condition.

"God is after me and will kill me if I don't close the door 36 times."
... Wow.

Don't burn your diaries, Rae. You'll want those when you're eighty.
on 16 March 2014
I have never ever connected to a book or someone like I have to Rae Earl and her diaries. From start to finish I couldn't help but compare her downs to my own, the way she thinks, the way she views herself is me to a tee; and she's right, all we want is to love and be loved.

I feel I have a way to go but because of this fantastic woman I feel like I can be anything, do anything and maybe just maybe I can start letting others in and start showing me for who I really am.
on 1 February 2014
I can't quite remember how or why a friend at work and myself got our hands on Rae Earl's first book. It was a massive flash back to growing up in a small town in Lincolnshire and waiting to get out of there (and being scared if I was capable of that). I found it hilarious, sad and wonderfully nostalgic. I remembered all those similar situations, nights out, the bullying, summer holidays, the friends, the crushes, the revision stress and the music. Then they made a tv programme out of the book I had told SO many friends to read! The second book of diaries did not disappoint. I was hooked. It made me realise that Rae really did something special by sharing these diaries. The second book leaves behind all the safety of school life. I have cried for her (I am a grown man!), I have laughed (actually almost wet myself at some bits) but I got to the end thinking GO RAE! She bloody did it! And so can you. Wonderful.
on 22 February 2014
In our heads, even as grown ups, we retain some of the insecurities of our teenage years. We may look well adjusted in society but may still have obsessive thoughts about ourselves and others. This book, fairly different from the TV series, is a message of hope not just for anyone who has experienced mental health issues, but also for anyone who has ever suffered from self-doubt. Life does tend to get better. Well done Rae. What an inspiring woman. Read. This. Book.