on 30 March 2014
As always Tim Keller didn't disappoint us. This book helped me to know Jesus in a new way, which I never knew. It gives food for thought and soul. I couldn't stop reading it. Once I finished it, my heart loved Jesus more than ever before! Jesus is so wonderful!!! Thank you pastor Tim for writing this book!
on 18 February 2015
I always enjoy Timothy Keller's books, and frequently use them as source material for my own sermons. He has a clear, concise way of dealing with complicated issues and this volume, which highlights encounters from John's Gospel, is particularly well constructed. The lectures from which he has based his chapters are also freely available on YouTube, and are a useful supplement.
on 2 March 2014
As with any Keller book this one is top class. Well researched and brilliantly written. Easy to read and understand.
on 27 April 2015
A fabulous accessible book ideal for purchasing for non-Christian family and friends or people who have just become Christians and even if you are a mature Christian it will help you to rediscover your first love afresh. Tim Keller is gifted in his exogesis and will leave you wanting more after this read...his sermons are terrific too and watching some of his stuff on the Gospel Coalition is brilliant.
on 6 April 2014
Well worth the read. Aids honest questions about Jesus and the Christian faith plus encouraging this pilgrim in his own faith.
on 7 May 2014
I love this book - it should be turned into a course for skeptics - I hope it will be
on 12 March 2015
Simple, straightforward, believable, unpatronising and an enjoyable and easy read. This will increase your faith if you already believe and for the curious or doubtful, just starting on their journey, this book will definitely set you thinking. Buy it!
on 10 March 2016
An amazing thought provoking book. By that I mean that I thought I understood Jesus well and his sacrifice in being our saviour. Yet Timoty Keller managed to explain Jesus to me like no man has done before. He didn't even mention the trinity but because I understand Jesus better, I can now see the God-head through a greater and clearer light. In the midst of explaining Jesus and how people encountered him do you see some great apologetic. I promise you that both believer and non believers will understand Jesus more and why it is that after 2000 years his life on earth still speaks to us.
on 8 April 2015
Timothy Keller, another of my favourite writers. His love for Jesus and his thoughtful way of interpreting scripture always makes the reader think in a different way.
on 26 October 2014
Brilliant read and deeply moving. Keller does it again! Such insight and clarity of thought. I would thoroughly recommend this book.