Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 March 2015
This book changed my life. I was burdened by a negative, harshly critical voice I had internalised from my family. It was holding me back, but not anymore. After about 1/3 of the way into this book the way I think changed completely, and within a few months my self-esteem and confidence had grown significantly. If you're unsure of whether to get it, just do it, you won't regret it.
on 1 October 2015
I wish I'd read this book a long time ago...it would have saved me a lot of struggle! However, in the spirit of Neff's message, I'm truly grateful that I've read it now! If you are, like me, a leading expert in self-criticism then please read it. I've read quite a few 'self-help' books, but whilst reading this I could actually feel myself becoming more 'open' and beginning to, not only having a better and honest relationship with myself, but with others too. I hope you get as much out of this book as I have...happy reading :)
on 15 July 2014
A life changing book for me after having been down the Louise Hay path & learning about self love & yet beating myself up for creating self hate as new age reading implies , this book takes on a different slant helping me forgive the past & develop the longed for compassion I have never experienced & there for helping me have more compassion towards others , truly healing
on 6 April 2016
This complements the audible download well - my preference would be for the audible version as she takes you through the meditations and I think it flows very well, but the material is also here.
on 26 June 2016
This book is really good. I highly recommend it. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and found the exercises helpful.
on 10 January 2014
I find Kristin Neff's work invaluable as a very readable and useful resource for my psychotherapy clients. Recently one person has reported to me that this material has "changed my life". Good stuff!
on 22 April 2014
I kinder way to see yourself and others. It is the next step on from Mindfulness Meditation. One recommendation is stroking any part of your body, when stressed, to release oxytocin (the happy hormone) - it actually does calm you slightly.
on 17 June 2017
Written in every day language it is easy to read and gets the point across.
on 31 March 2015
I would give this book 10 stars if I could! A fantastic read and source of inspiration.
on 27 February 2013
This book is wellwritten and easy to understand whilst not talking down. It gave some very good advice which was easy to put into practice and has helped me change my life for the better