Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 September 2017
Very effective diet for losing weight quickly if you can do it & stick to it. The books explains in lots of detail how the diet works from beginning to end. It involves being very strict and cutting out certain food groups at certain times (so I'm
Not sure how healthy it is) will power is def needed but this diet delivers results.
on 3 February 2017
This diet really works, I lost 11lbs in just over two weeks. I found it hard to stick to after two weeks but that's because I tend to stick to the same foods and got bored. If you're a bit more adventurous with cooking it would be great. Will be doing it again though.
on 29 April 2017
great delivery . Did the diet for 8 days stuck to it but feeling unwell and no energy at all. Lost 1/2 pound a day but I was achieving that with carbs.

Cannot cope without bread for over a year so quit. I have incorporated some of Dukan diet into my daily life though. Oatbran is great and fat free yogurt.
on 13 August 2013
The book is okay!! The meals that are in the book arent really meals we would make or eat...vegetable mousse??!!
A good book but a very hard diet to stick too xx
on 22 October 2015
This is the easiest, most economical diet I have followed with the best results.
on 27 July 2017
useful and easy to follow
on 8 July 2012
This diet has really worked for my sister which is why I thought I'd give it a try. I read the book before I started and it it is very accessible. I did the 5 day protein only start and can honestly say I wasn't hungry during those five days, and I did lose 4.5 pounds. However, not eating fruit and veg did not seem right to me.I felt rather peculiar, with quite sharp stomach pains and an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I suspected that the amount of fibre would be inadequate so I took Fibogel as well. Even so, I became dreadfully constipated and it has taken nearly a month for my system to feel right again. My sister had none of these problems and the weight has really come off, so perhaps it's just me, but this diet did not suit me at all.
on 20 November 2011
I bought both the recipe book and the original book in paperback recently and then decided to get this too - this is a much better laid out book with lots of pictures to look at and in a much easier pick up and look at format (I just find it far easier and more interesting to navigate).

Really inspired me much more than the paperback.
on 16 October 2013
This caused my daughter to go into convulsions and she was admitted into hospital for 3 days. The medical staff strongly advised against using this diet plan.
on 23 May 2012
This review is more to do with the diet rather than this specific book - I've bought the paperback, the recipe book and 'The Dukan Diet Life Plan'. All are good, the former has more information, the latter makes for a more pleasing package.

I've been wanting to shift 3 - 4 stone for about 10 years, and was forever losing about a stone, getting complacent or bored after a few weeks and the stone would go back on, until the next attempt. Like many here I tried various methods - Atkins, Slimming World, The Cambridge Diet etc. I'd never really heard about Dukan until I came across it on Amazon, and thought I may as well try another one...

I ordered the paperback and read it over before taking the plunge. I was slightly concerned as it seemed rather draconian in part, and I knew that if I was to be succesful I'd be on it for a very long time. I'd not got on well with Atkins, another high protein/low carb diet and hoped this would be better. It was. Within a day or two of starting this I knew it could be different this time; I soon lost all urges to eat any of the processed and sugary food I used to. I soon lost any obsession I had with food. On previous diets I'd find it hard to resist biscuits, chocolates etc - I'd think 'I'll have one and count it' whereas now I'm not tempted at all. I started the diet early Feb 2012. It's now mid May and I've lost 48 pounds. I lost 8 or 9 pounds on the attack phase and it just dropped of consistently at a rate of 2-4 pounds each week since. I'm about 6 pounds off the target weight I set myself but now know I'll go on at least another stone beyond that, as long as the weight is dropping off I know this is my chance not just to get to a weight I'd previously been comfortable with, but to actually get slim.

I rarely feel hungry, do not feel deprived, I'll carry on eating much of the food way past the diet; I'd say it really has changed my eating habits. My wife is doing it too - she's lost 2 stone in 2 months. neither of us are in any way tempted to cheat or even come off until we are happy with our weights. Since the day I started I haven't had one biscuit, not one chocolate - not cheated once - because it's easy to stay committed. The only thing I have had that the book says no to is wine - I have a few glasses now and again and it hasn't slowed my weight loss, or if it has it's still at a rate that keeps me very motivated.

It's great getting up in the morning and not feeling and looking the way I did. All my 'fat clothes' are gone, new wardrobe now, clothes shopping is a pleasure again, no going back...