Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

1,600

on 12 October 2012
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
11 Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2012
I love Miranda Hart, and find her very funny, so decided to read her book when it came out, having heard nothing about it previously. I was so glad I picked it up, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who watches 'Miranda', and even those who are just in need of a lighthearded read.

It isn't a typical autobiography, set out religiously from childhood through to adulthood, but almost her train of thought on various topics ranging from Technology to Beauty, punctuated by 'conversations' with her younger self. Her distinctive voice and sense of humour shines through in the writing, so anyone who loves Miranda will be able to recognise the style instantly, and in places it truly made me laugh out loud.

It is reasonably short and easy to read, nothing dark or gritty (not that you would expect it!) and I defy anyone not to enjoy it!
22 Comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2013
Very well written, it's a laugh! You can relate such a lot to your own experiences of life. Well don Miranda!
on 4 December 2012
I LOVE Miranda and this was a really funny and warm read. I think almost everyone can identify with her, the title says it all.
But I don't love that Amazon won't pay their fair share of UK taxes.
55 Comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2013
As the somewhat over-height product of a public school I may not be the most impartial reviewer, but this has had me laughing like a drain and doing that thing where you slow down to prolong the book when you see the end approaching.
on 4 December 2012
I really loved this book but I hate the way Amazon doges its UK taxes. There is wonderful writing here but we all need to shout loud until Amazon pays its fair share. I really enjoyed this author's earlier books Tell Amazon to sign that cheque or forever lose my respect and the respect, no doubt, of this very fine author
11 Comment| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2013
This book is the best read ever. It Is hilarious and like watching a series of Miranda on tv. I had to read this book right to the end. Lots of hidden meanings and emotions.
on 4 December 2012
I love Miranda Hart but hate the way Amazon do not pay their full UK taxes. Please join this campaign and write 10 reviews showing your disgust at Amazon's unfairness. We need to support authors and show Amazon that they will loose our respect and custom until they rectify the matter.
33 Comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2012
I found this book incredibly useful and honest. However one thing keeps coming to mind.

PAY YOUR TAXES LIKE THE REST OF US WHO WORK FOR A LIVING HAVE TO.

Safe to say I won't be buying a thing off Amazon this Christmas
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2012
Fantastic book, love Miranda Hart BUT hate the fact that this country is in recession and yet Amazon avoids paying their tax. And to add insult to injury I could have bought this book from The Book People for £5! From now on I will be shopping with British Companies directly who do pay their dues.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse