on 7 April 2013
If you're a Miranda Hart fan (and I am) then you will enjoy this book. In fact you've probably already bought it. If you aren't a fan then you may struggle with some of her flights of fancy and the way she leaps from story to tangent and back again. Imagine Miranda prancing about the set of her TV flat and you will get the idea.

The story is told through Miranda advising her 18 year old self about what she can expect in later life and is told in pretty much the same way as her character does on TV, with many an aside to 'camera'. It tells how some of her life hasn't matched up to teenage expectations, but how some of it is even more wonderous. Its definitely a feel good read and if the final chapter doesn't inspire you to go out and do something you've always dreamt of doing then you may have missed the point.

The only detraction is that unfortunately at the end I don't think I really knew Miranda any better than I did at the beginning. The woman behind the clown, so to speak. Maybe she's saving that for later.
on 18 July 2013
I love Miranda Hart and this book is just brilliant in many ways. I love how it's written just as she talks and read the whole thing in Miranda's voice, it features many hilarious stories from her own life and what her eighteen-year-old self would have said about her life now. The only negative thing I can say about it was that it was a shame I had already heard a lot of the stories from Miranda herself when she was on the Graham Norton show a while back so when I starting reading a story (e.g. the school trip - toilet story) I already knew how it was going to end so it's a shame she didn't keep everything as a surprise.
on 5 May 2017
According to Myers-Briggs there are only 16 personality types. I'm pretty sure Miranda and I have the same one. Miranda actually makes me feel like its OK to be the person I am and I am so grateful for that. Cheers Miranda - it's not just you :-)
on 19 September 2017
Easy reading and yet with a deep meaning. A very succinct description of so many people. Somewhere in the book you will find yourself.
on 24 August 2017
A great read that makes you laugh in solidarity with a great author and comedian who is as funny on the page as on the to.
on 7 January 2015
Random nonsense - really difficult read. The tv style doesn't translate to the page - annoyingly chaotic, gave up half way through.
on 7 August 2017
Funny and easy reading. If you like the show "Miranda" you'll probably like this too.
on 10 August 2017
Found this to be rubbish. She is good on TV, but it just does not work in book form.
on 14 May 2017
I absolutely love this book ! If you love the programme Miranda you'll love this. You can imagine her saying most things which does make you laugh out loud ! Very funny would defiantly say it's worth the money !!!
on 30 July 2017
I love Miranda, very interesting reading.