Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 November 2013
I bought this book as i love upcycling and creating new things from old. I was a little disappointed with the book itself. There are some good ideas in there but alot of not so great too. She was very helpful with advice on what to look for in fabrics and furniture. I bought this book as used, it is in mint condition and i can understand why. If i had bought this brand new and paid the £15 for it i would have been severely unhappy. Service was fast though, which is why i'll use them again.
on 10 November 2012
I really enyoyed her first book but this was very disappointing. Some of the projects were odd and very child like I am afraid it went straight to the charity shop!!!
on 21 August 2013
I always enjoy Kirstie's offerings, but in fact, this is very basic information, and I will definitely be giving it to a younger person who has not economized before. These pages reflect many different crafts and are designed to encourage recycling and innovation. It is a good book for a younger person who has not tried to use these crafts before. I prefer not to paint wooden furniture, but to refinish it, so I won't be taking the advice to paint old pieces. Over all, a very useful book and fun to look at.
on 8 February 2013
Really wanted this book since I saw the series but couldn't justify spending the full amount on it. I was very pleased to find it in the used category. The book is in good condition, the cover slightly battered, but you don't read the outside! As with the other Kirsty Allsopp books I have, there is a lot of content you may never use but it is always interesting. I have found she inspires to me try different craft projects. Arrived quickly and I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 18 November 2012
I had this book on pre-order and couldn't wait to receive it, as I have Kirstie's other two books, which I love. However, I was very disappointed when it finally arrived. Much of the content is common sense and many of the projects are uninspiring and don't appear to have any bearing on a vintage home.....crocheted jelly-fish? I enjoyed the presentation of the pages, they have a very vintage feel, are well-printed and even smell different! I look forward to the tv programme which accompanies the book; maybe then I'll begin to like the book.
on 13 April 2013
I love all Kirstie books and have attempted makes from her craft book. However, this one does appear for the more experienced crafter and for me some of the crafts are a little daunting. Still a good book to have on the shelf. The vintage wedding section is a real eye opener for what can be achieved for very little.
on 12 May 2013
I love this book. My husband does not like Kirstie because out come the crafting stuff and it ends up all over the place as I learn more crafting skills.
Would recommend this to anyone who wants to update and add new hand made things for the home.
on 23 January 2014
I downloaded this book to my kindle but I can access this through my iPad as well. There are many ideas to transform your home and ideal if you're on a budget.. Brilliant book by one of my favourite crafters.
on 23 June 2013
Great book, but some of the projects like painting an old chair can be very costly if you don't already have all the gear to do it. Paint , brushes, sugar soap, sand paper and everything else came to £50!
on 12 September 2013
Another very good book, full of ideas all nicely presented .Its the type of book which actually inspires you to look at objects in a different way and its suprising what you can achieve without trying too hard!!