on 25 February 2013
My 9 year old is hard-wired to push every boundary. I've read dozens of parenting books but still been at a loss as to how to handle a tantrum or a refusal to co-operate. I know its important to be firm and consistent, but have often been unsure how that translates into what-to-do in specific situations.

This book does exactly that, with specific, practical, respectful, step-by-step strategies that can be applied to almost any situation. It is such a relief to have a road-map to refer to when emotions are high and I need to work out a plan of action quickly. I wish I'd had this 5 or 6 years ago, but its never too late and at least I've started learning the skills now. I feel like I'm back in charge, no longer shouting and that we are enjoying each others company more. And that's from using just a fraction of the advice in this book...
on 11 January 2017
Great book, we found it had an impact fairly quickly after implementing some of the techniques
on 29 July 2015
Very helpful.
on 13 February 2016
very helpful
on 24 April 2014
An excellent book with many straightforward techniques to try though personally I would buy this as an audiobook. It's not a light read and as it is worth absorbing - audio is a much less heavy mode. I have put these techniques into practice and they do work though my kids challenge me a lot more than the author suggests they will. However, I think it's about applying all the techniques together to achieve a calmer, happier, easier life and as there are a lot of techniques it's worth making it easy on yourself.
on 8 December 2012
This is an amazing book with some great techniques that ate well beyond the naughty step of super nanny! Trust merge I say it works but you need to be patient and give the techniques a growth patience. Not all work, for us, but that is I suppose expected! Definitely recommend this title to all parents, even if you are likes, with kids that are generally well behaved,it sill helps with everyday life too, even with our colleagues and peers and adults Alike!
on 23 March 2015
Super book, really clear advice that works. Recommended
on 8 June 2013
Listened for 1 hour and tried the first principle - magic! in 5 years of struggling with a challenging child and all the therapists out there not a single one could offer me what Noël packs into practical, easy to apply and understandable concepts. Thoroughly rate her teachings! My only regret - why did I not find this 10 years ago!
on 16 July 2013
I really liked the advice in this book - it tells you how to get the best from your children by positive feedback & thoughtful preparation. I'm still working through the techniques, it's not foolproof and takes work, but we're definitely seeing an improvement in my 3 year old's behaviour.
on 21 November 2012
This is just the most amazing and practical tool kit for successful happy parenting. Some of the techniques are counter intuitive but descriptive praise, reflective listening really works. Our family is so much better because of the book the CD and for going to Noell's course. Thank you.