Four Past Midnight
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 April 2013
I am a true fan of Stephen King. And this time, this book did not disappoint me. At the beginning, it was difficult to follow as I was on holidays and family and other commitments kept me away until I finally finished it. My favourite stories were "Apt Pupil" and "The body", which I was particularly interested in for I watched its film adaptation. I have always wondered where he does get his unlimited imagination and creativity from to write such tales.
on 7 July 2017
Worth buying, if only for The Shawshank Redemption!!
One person found this helpful
on 11 September 2013
Stephen King is the master of the horror genre.
A break away from the norm with these short stories/novellas.
Shawshank, every man and his dog must have seen this film, the book is an even more compelling read.
The body, a great tale of friendship and nostalga. Great read again. I think Stephen king writes the views of youngsters in a fantastic fashion. [It is a classic example, another must have by the way]
Apt pupil. Didn't really fancy this one. Ended up reading it in a day. Intriguing.
The breathing method. Loved it. The only real supernatural story in the set but well worth a crack.
on 5 October 2017
My first ever King book which I read at the young age of fourteen. the Langoliers is still one of my favourite stories. Have been hooked on King ever since :-)
on 31 July 2014
I bought this book primarily for the Shawshank Redemption but found that I loved all the stories and wasn't aware that other stories featured were also made into films - Apt Pupil and Stand By Me. The stories were easy to read and enjoyable, even though I'd already seen two of the movies - not realising they were Stephen king. Good edgy fiction that isn't the horror that I'd previously associated with the author.
on 6 February 2014
Fiction is not my genre, and I bought this solely for the Shawshank story and an impending holiday. There are four stories all of which are equally as good. The second one was my personal favourite. I still wont rush out and fill my Kindle with fiction but I will re visit this little gem in a future holiday no doubt.
on 7 September 2014
I chose this book because I had read others by Stephen King.
I really liked all of the stories.
Initially I thought there was going to be a link between them to tie them all together, but apart from a vague link between two, each one was a fascinating story in its own right.
They each give an insight into aspects of human nature, both good and bad.
on 16 October 2013
I like Stephen King, and I've liked his previous anthologies. This one didn't really hit the spot in quite the same way. Some of the stories are good though. "You Know They Have a Hell Of a Band", and "Rainy Season" are two of my personal favorites. It's okay for dipping into, but don't expect to be scared.
on 16 August 2015
Typical King but the best selection of his stories I have bought. These range from the obvious - but still entertaining - to the really well thought out Rainy Season and Dolan's Cadillac among my favorites
on 13 May 2018