on 11 January 2014
Maybe it's because it was the first set of his short stories I read, or maybe because it's from what I call his 'riding the crest' phase between '85 and '89 - where we would get Pet Semetary, Thinner, Eyes of the Dragon, The Gunslinger, Misery, the complete and uncut version of The Stand, and of course his Magnus opus, IT - but I think this collection is all killer, no filler. From the gruesome novella The Mist to the heartrending treatise on death and home, The Reach, it's all good. Kisses in the dark from a stranger, indeed.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2018
This is a fantastic collection of well crafted stories. In each King attains a unique voice, creating compelling characters like the Caretaker in Mrs Todd's Shot-cut, the Two rival boys in the Raft, the unforgettable Uncle Otto in Uncle Otto's truck and more - it was the first Stephen King collection I have read and I did so as I am doing a course on writing - this taught me a lot- I am convert
on 26 January 2018
Bought this as a gift for my mother as she is a very big fan of Stephen King and she absolutely loves it. It was one of the few of his books she didn’t have.
on 18 September 2016
A great selection of some of Stephen King's short stories. I read this book years ago, but have enjoyed re-reading it again. Recommended.
on 9 June 2016
Some of Mr kings short stories are very entertaining but some are dreadful
Ok for a poolside read.
But dont expect Shawshank !
on 17 October 2017
Great
on 3 February 2016
Brilliant book of short stories. Don't start reading the longer ones at bedtime because you may find the book hard to put down.
One person found this helpful
on 25 July 2014
Personally I feel that this was the best short stories book that was ever written by Stephen King. If you are looking for a short story to scare you at bedtime this would be the one.
5 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2017
Great collection of Kings short stories. Book is in excellent condition,very satisfied.
on 22 May 2017
You can't beat a great king story