on 7 September 2017
Good Read, insightful and open minded read not focusing on the bias many people have about bikers, although its scary to think that I was present at some of the events mentioned in the book, sometimes its better not to know what's going on behind the scenes.
on 23 September 2017
very interesting book
on 19 July 2017
Excellent history of biker gangs in the UK and further afield.
on 8 March 2013
the book is are okay for a wet uk weekend, as you will gather we get plenty of rain in Manchester... when you want a quick read to fill your time, instead of riding your bike.
If I was 18 again I would get the rags on, ring the lads up, score a bag of herbs and few cans, pack the old lady on the bitch pad and go out for a run... but i'm not 18, i'm 56 the diabetes won't let me drink. the doc says the herb will send me madder than I am.
And any how she's 16 stone now not 16 years old, the bikes out of petrol and I have to get a 2nd mortgage to fill him up.
my water proofs are a bit tight round the middle. (very tight says a voice from the kitchen)
AKA ' Old beetroot belly' like the mere cat on TV.
so I will sit in and look at the nasty weather the UK has to offer....
And dream about a well spent youth.
Doris wheres my skins. nope the king sized Iv'e made me sen reet fed up.
on 17 May 2017
Top marks on this one for the research and the writing style, this had me gripped from the start, and i will read it again just to take it all in. Lots of historical facts and current too. Well done to the writer and publishers.
on 8 September 2014
great read
on 30 July 2011
As ever with Tony Thompson's books, a gripping and highly informative work - I read it at one sitting and would say it's a must have for anyone interested in the UK / 1%er bike scene.

Tony is a professional writer and it shows in the way this is written and paced.

Fascinatingly, the way he tracks the protaganist's story through from early days in a regional MC the Pagans and how the club then merges with others to form the Midlands Outlaws MC and then join the AOA to become Outlaws MC England has great parallels with the plot of Heavy Duty People, a fictional account of a UK MC member making a similar journey.

If anything though, the real life version is more dramatic than the fiction.

Thoroughly recommended.
on 5 September 2011
Daniel'Snake Dog' Boone began His long and, sometimes painfull history within a Motorcycle Club in a small village in WarWickshire England. He joined his first club at the young age of ninteen. Little did he know that over the next twenty or so years his club would grow and develop into one of the major concerns within England.
This book offers us some Great English club history as we feel Boones reservations; we feel his concerns, we feel his pain.
This story claims to be a true story, but it reads with the emotion of a novel.
Great Job!!
on 24 December 2011
Interesting book in as much as it contains a lot of Brit biker stuff that I can personally relate to, as an awful lot of biker/1%er stuff is about our American brothers and this, in the majority is not. A good read, funny in places with biker humour, written to T Thompsons usual high, and informed standards, I would recommend it to anyone thats into the lifestyle or just wants to learn more. Cheers
on 27 October 2011
In This book, Mr Thompson misrepresents information taken from our website [...]. He also describes The Sons of Hell MC, Manchester as defunct.
The Sons of Hell are this year, (2011, celebrating their 41st anniversary with many more to come. This then broaches the question, if this fact is wrong how much more of his work is pure fiction rather than factually based?