on 17 August 2017
John Grisham could offer a window into the world of law for kids. THEODORE BOONE is a smart legal thriller that moves along at a good pace. Well worth a read, though the ending felt unfinished.
on 20 October 2015
My 12 year old son loves the series and can't get enough. He has finished all of them and keeps asking when the next will be available. I loved John Grisham books but thought it would be too early to introduce his normal series to a 12 year old even though he is a keen and able reader. This was a good way of introducing him to the author
on 31 August 2016
Out of curiosity I downloaded Grisham's self-proclaimed attempt at getting on the Harry Potter bandwagon. I will download the rest of the series no doubt to continue what seems to be an over-arching storyline, but in truth I found "Theo" to be a little too precocious to be fully engaging... That said it does seem to set up the rest of the series so I am hopeful that our protagonist can endear himself to me as the series progresses.
on 28 February 2017
It's so good to be immersed in Johns novels. A retreat from the rigours of normal life and always justifying the time spent reading his stories.
on 14 July 2010
The book cover says "For a new generation of readers" - I made a mistake and thought Grisham meant a new generation of grown-ups, but after reading the book I realize he was referring to a younger set of readers. I'ts an interesting story and Theo Boone's an interesting character, but obviously the book wasn't intended for my age group. I've passed it on to my 18 year-old grandson who says he's never read a Grisham book so far. I wonder what he'll think of it?
on 8 December 2012
As a long time Grisham fan I read TB expecting the usual drama, twists and surprises. Unfortunately, TB is not in the same league as JG's usual offerings and the suspense is never truly sustained through to the end. This is an enjoyable read but the plot was relatively lazy and I felt that so much more could have been done with the storyline and outcome that ultimately the book was disappointing. This won't put me off Grisham but I hope for more next time.
on 26 July 2015
An intresting read, this book is written for kids and i didnt notice when buying it. Therefore was going to make comments about the style and story, but, ahem, due to me not reading the discription properly it now all makes sense! Suspect that this is a good book for teens but not so for adults expecting Grishams usual style.
on 14 January 2018
Grisham at his yet agin best. I really need to say nothing more than buy the book as soon as possible. Ignore your family or send them away for a day.
on 23 January 2018
great read
on 20 January 2016
Bought in error (my error) and returned to seller. Didn't realise the book is aimed at a younger readership!