on 3 September 2013
Purchsed for a good read, however does it live up to my expectations, well kinda, but not as detailed as I would have liked.
on 15 January 2012
One wonders, if the author/s are psychos too. The advice for people who have a psychopathic parent is the following: "The good news is that a psychopathic parent is unlikely to hang around. Many lose interest in their child early on ... Just say good-bye and concentrate your love and happiness on those who deserve it"
How very comforting!

They also have a parent psycho test and one question is:
4. Your 13 year old son has been caught smoking at school,
You:
A) Give him a stern lecture about the dangers of smoking and take away his pocket money for a fortnight
B) Laugh, give him a packet of Benson & Hedges [how much did B&H pay to get the mention???] and offer him a light
C) Weep copiously for several hours about the certain premature death of your child. Then take him to the local cancer unit and leave him to sit for 2 hours next to someone dying of lung cancer

NOW CHECK OUT THE RIDICULOUS 'RESULTS' OF THE TEST (!!!)
If you score mostly A's
You're pretty normal ...
If you score mostly B's
You are definitely a psychopath ...
If you score mostly C's
You want to do everything for your child ...

Honestly, I hope none of them has kids! And the recycling services will make something useful from the pulp of this utter rubbish!
55 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2014
An eye opener.
on 27 July 2015
Enjoyable read
on 4 March 2013
Nice mix of facts, will leave you questioning nagging uncomfortable characteristics about certain individuals, something perhaps you couldn't put your finger on. Forewarned is forearmed is the key and never again allow nagging doubts about someone to be over ruled by logic, the consequences don't bear thinking about it. Without doubt a very compelling read and very difficult to put down.
on 14 January 2013
I found this book really useful, and as somone who has had to deal with a psychopath I only wish I'd come across a copy some time ago. If it's read in conjunction with a book like Psychopath! by Morton Bain (author a diagnosed psychopath), a clear picture of the condition is developed.
on 11 April 2013
Stephen Motson

Easy-to-read, easy-to-understand, entertaining. Would class this as more of a coffee-table book than for anybody wanting to know how to spot a psychopath
on 21 May 2013
I bought this book because I was asking questions about certain people's behaviour and wanted to understand what a psychopath is. I have never properly investigated the subject and I found this book to be a good introduction and starting point, if a little too much inclined towards "pop psychology".

It was a light read and I felt better for having read it as I now understand I have been a victim of several psychopaths. The book didn't provide any answers. However it was a therapeutic read as I came to understand that I was not alone. I even had to answer the question as to whether I might be a psychopath myself (on balance not but that is for others to decide).

Reading this book led me to go on to read "Without Conscience" by Robert D. Hare, a much more professional handling of the subject and more in depth.