on 1 September 2015
brilliant series, read them all from start to finish without a break

Im quite sad now I finished book 8
on 21 September 2013
The quality of service and value for money are my priorities. This encourages me to try different
Authors, which must occasionally go wrong. This does not deter me from continue to experiment
It's no secret that I've loved the Empire series since the first book. The writing was crisp, the lead protagonist a joy to spend time with and the trouble that he got into (both on the battlefield as well as off) worked wonderfully well. It made for ideal reading so would I find that I would have the same experience with this book?

To be honest with you, yep, I did. Whilst the novel contains losses of friends, the reader is treated to a high octane story full of political machinations as well as top notch action. Back this up with solid prose, great pace alongside an arc where loose threads are tied up all round makes this a book that was a pure joy to sit down with.

Back this up with the return of some old friends alongside some new devious double dealing villains and all round I was more than happy. I can't wait to see what Anthony hits back with next, especially when the darker side of a certain city is obviously going to be the key aspect as our heroes work with a new addition, who may or may not be friendly. Great stuff.
on 7 April 2014
Great plot and thoroughly good read. Looking forward to the next one on the saga. Will download it very soon.
on 8 January 2014
A well written and gripping insight on Roman Britain and the life and times of Centurion Marcus Corvus as he avoids the intrigues of his enemies and once again leads his men to victory.
on 29 April 2014
I have read all these books in this series, well worth reading most enjoyable a good read and most enjoyable
on 24 August 2013
I've read all the 'Empire' novels, and found them interesting, but for some reason they have failed to grip me; they've all been the sort of book I'm glad to have read once, but then they're off to Oxfam. This latest one has plenty of action, which is done very well, but there is far too much talk for my taste, and I found myself skipping a lot. I'll probably read any further novels by this author, as each can vary quite a lot, but am prepared to be disappointed.
on 20 June 2015
Brilliant set of books, have read all up to date. Really great reading at the same time also informative.
on 12 July 2014
Brilliant read love the action and the plot
Well worth a read away to get the next book
Yum yum
on 24 November 2013
Good read looking forward to more in the series.
I like the mixture of fact and fiction.
It gives you a feeling of what it was like to serve in the Roman army.