Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 November 2015
I had to read the book after having read Left to Die, but had I known Lisa Jackson had also written Romantic fiction I wouldn't have bothered. The book is well written but there are just too many words. She spends pages describing what everyone was feeling and thinking when what I want is to find out who the killer is. I skipped lots of pages because I just wasn't interested in the kidnapped cop's boyfriend's thoughts.
on 19 September 2017
I am relatively new to Lisa Jackson but her books are excellent and I have been reading one after the other for weeks now. Her characters are believable and I like how you get to know them a little better in each book.Grizzly Falls has to be the most unlucky town on this planet but it doesn't put me off reading another book. I would definitely recommend others to give her books a go.
on 25 August 2014
I read Left to Die and loved it so downloaded this as soon as I had finished. Unfortunately it got off to a bad start as the copycat killer who died at the end of the first book was alive and being interviewed at the beginning of this book which spoiled it somewhat. That said it was still a good story with plenty of suspense. As with book 1 the killer wasn't revealed until the very end. Shame about the error otherwise it would have got 5 stars
on 28 August 2017
A great book I have read the others and I find them very good reads
on 17 August 2011
So if you haven't read Left to Die don't read this book Cosen to Die yet, read that first then go straight into chosen to die! I have only just discovered Lisa Jackson, picked up these 2 books for holiday reading and I am seriously impressed, think Karen Rose, Beverly Barton mixed with Karin Slaughter and thats Lisa Jackson. The plot really stretches over both books, a serial killer is on the loose in a small town in Montana abducting women from car crashes, nursing them to health then killing them. Detectives Alvarez and Piscoli (both women which is unusual yet welcome)are on the case and in the sights of the killer. Its a fantastic story intricately woven over the books, characters are well written and believable, really enjoyed both books and have ordered the third. It can be read as a standalone book as the story is gone over in the first chapter but it was so good to finish the first book and pick up the second and dive straight in.
on 24 May 2011
I read this book without reading the previous one in the series and still found it very easy to get in to. A good book with a great storyline & plenty of suspense.
on 5 November 2011
The book started off really well with us right into the story with Regan being abducted by the serial killer and the subsequent race to find her before she dies, a good paced story, loads of many different red herrings and its a great ending but i cold have done with about 50 pages less, it would have been 5 stars otherwise. It would help to read the first book first but its not needed to enjoy this book.
on 15 May 2013
Found her by accident and i'm so glad i did. At the moment i am only reading the Pescoli/Alverez books and have been very impressed although they can be somewhat samey. Nonetheless, i am really enjoying them. Again, love that some characters keep reappearing and you find out more about them.
on 15 July 2016
This is a great 2nd book in what promises to be a fantastic series of unmissable stories, the two main characters go together like oil and water, which keeps everything very interesting and enjoyable.
Just cannot wait to read the next book
on 11 September 2011
I read all the first of this trilogy and immediately went and bought the rest of the series. A cracking good read although I did enjoy the first of the three the most, by the third book things were getting more and more far-fetched.