Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 August 2010
The title says "Left to Die", the tagline under the author's name reads "First he saves their lives, then he ends them". Once you've read these two lines, you've got a pretty good idea of what the book is about. In fact, these 2 lines summarises what the next 500 pages are about because at the end of the 500 pages and hours wasted reading them, you don't know who the killer is, what his motives are etc. Not a good start to a series even though the author keeps you guessing until the last 2 pages when you realise that she is just not giving the identity of the killer up.
on 8 August 2010
I was really enjoying this book until I reached the final page and discovered that I would need to read a further book if I wanted to have the mystery solved. This might be acceptable in a T.V. serial but not when the follow up book is still in the process of being written - many months wait for the hardback and even longer for the paperback edition. Sequels are fine if one story finishes and the characters and their lives are continued in the next story, not if the reader is left without a solution. Very disappointing.
on 27 May 2011
I really hate to be lied to by an author, and this is what happened here. The book was fairly good and reasonably well written, but if I had been aware that it was only half a book, I would have had nothing to do with it.
VINE VOICEon 3 September 2010
What starts off as a really excellent piece of writing with a creepy killer and a mysterious rescuer is he or is he not the Star Killer that leaves stars and letters above his victims heads that he leaves in the snow. As many of the reveiewers said this is a book that promises a complete story and feels rushed at the end with a resolution of a side story that was not really much point too. The writer would have been better sticking to the whole story and completing it rather than using other characters and side lines to extend the book into another novel. Having said that this is a well accomplished book and look forward to reading the next one.

Next time can the author advise the 1st in the _____ trilogy or part 1 of 2 etc so at least we can be aware.
on 21 February 2012
I enjoy this author but I wish she would indicate her books are in order, I purchaed two book at the one time and didn't realise that I had read the second one first until I finished it and started on the next book, only then did I realise that I was reading them out of sequence. If the author could indicate book 1 etc it would save me wasting money on a book that there is no point reading as I already know who the killer is. Other authors let you know if it's book 1, 2 etc in a series.
on 11 November 2010
I really enjoyed this book and this is the first book I have read by this author and felt I would definitely buy more of her books.
However when i got to the last page i realised that the identity of the murderer was not solved and looks as if there will be a sequel. So now I will need to find out the name and when it will or has been published. Very disappointed with the ending, however I will probably buy the sequel as i want to know the identity of the killer.
on 11 September 2014
I was very annoyed when I finished this book to find that the serial killer's identity was not revealed.
There was no indication that this was part one of a 2 (or 3) book series and I will NOT be buying the
next book. I feel cheated!

A psycho. is causing selected women to crash on mountain roads - not to kill them outright, but to
"rescue" them, tend their wounds and finally tie them up to die of exposure. Firstly, it was a stupid
method of getting his victims as I am sure 9 out of 10 would have died from the crash.

He has a hidden agenda with weird clues left for the police - but we never discover what his final plan
is, or how he finds his victims, etc. There was a lot of soul searching and angst about the inability of
the police to catch the killer, and this became boring.

There is "something" in the past of one of the female police officers - we don't know what.
There was far too much padding with the home life of the 2nd policewoman - who wants to read
about typical teenage children and their attitude problems? Especially as one was nearly 18 and
hardly a child anymore.

A really disappointing book and I would not recommend it.
on 11 September 2010
I was really in to this and expecting it to be a nail biting finish-how wrong was I? Did the Author get confused? Was she writing two books at the same time? The answer to the 'non serial killer' was such rubbish a child could have written it and to find out that the book did not finish with the hunt for the real serial killer was a huge let down. It doesn't even tell you when the next one is out so how long is this going to drag on for? Why do we have to learn so much personal stuff about the Cops trying to sort it out? So many different avenues in this it detracts from the main story.
on 4 January 2011
This is the very first book I have read by Lisa Jackson and up until the last few pages I was already keen to read more of her books ,but what a feeble ending ! I felt really cheated and the end of the sub plot could have been a comic book story, as for not revealing the true killer of the main plot was really despicable.All I can say is I am glad I did not buy this book but had it on loan from the library and I will definately avoid this author in future I also agree with a previous review it should be stated plainly that is part 1 of a a trilogy or a second novel
on 24 August 2014
Book review of Left to Die
By Lisa Jackson
I received this book as a giveaway from Goodreads. I had not read any of the authors previous books and didn’t know what to expect. The opening pages were very powerful and really grabbed my attention. The story began strongly and continued to hold my interest as the plot developed.
The book begins with the description of a callous murder of a young woman. The story continues as the body is found and two female detectives Selena Alvarez and Regan Pescoli are working to try and solve the crime. It soon becomes apparent that this is more than a murder as more bodies are found all killed in the same manner. A serial killer is operating in the area of Grizzly Falls, a small town surrounded by mountains which hasn’t had a murder for years. As the body count rises and each body is found with a note it becomes clear that the killer is following some elaborate plan.
The book is well written, the descriptive passages are clear but not too long. They bring the town and its inhabitants to life without getting in the way of the story. The characters are well rounded and easy to identify with. If you enjoy a story with twists and turns you will like this book.
The only thing I didn’t like about the book was that it ends with a cliff-hanger. I didn’t realize when I read it that it was the first book of two. Having said that, when I finished it, I immediately bought the second book to find out what happened next. So my advice would be to buy both books if you don’t want to be left wondering.