on 16 January 2016
Easy to follow
on 5 December 2016
As new . Very good book
on 3 May 2012
Having been toying with the idea of buying the Nordic Cookbook thought I should read all the reviews, most of which were critical of that book, and there was strong recommendation to go for Scandilicious instead. Having read reviews on Scandilicious 5 stars all round how could I go wrong, so ordered that instead. Said book arrived promptly, and I was so looking forward to seeing what all the fabulous reviews were about. Having spent adequate time perusing the recipes, oh dear I feel I've made the wrong choice.

Maybe I'm missing something but a majority of the recipes to my mind are exceptionally dull, I'm hoping that with more reading and trying the recipes out if I can muster the enthusiasm, it may well grow on me, but at the moment would anybody like to buy a copy, condition, "hardly used", "like new"...

Unless Amazon wrote the (Scandilicious) reviews, in that case very clever marketing, as I'm now going to order the "Nordic Cookbook" which is what I should have done in the first place.
on 13 October 2016
Great book
on 26 February 2012
I found this recipe book easy to read and understand. The photographs are mouth-watering good. The book also gives an insight into the tradition of using local and seasonal produce, some of which we (in Britain) would find unusual.
on 1 September 2013
It's a good bok, but not the great one, yet I did many things from this book, mostly cakes, and they went really delicious.
on 2 June 2011
I can't add much to the glowing reviews this lovely recipe book has already received, so will just say it's a treat to look at and the recipes I've tried are just a little bit different, light and scrumptious!
on 7 June 2011
Engagingly written with beautiful photos, but not just a coffee table book, Scandilicious is full of recipes you actually want to make at home. Fab.
on 7 May 2011
Author Signe Johansen is amazing, providing the world with an introduction to all things delectable, Scandinavian Style. Along with your taste buds, the reader's experience is an orgasmic manifestation of taste, coupled with a side of knowledge. All of this occurs before a single edible item caresses the the tongue of the omnivore. Pierre Bourdieu would be delighted to see this book hit the shelves this Summer. After 9 years in the grave, he might even be nudged toward resurrection after witnessing what Signe has done for Scandinavian Culinary culture and taste.
on 23 May 2011
It's hard to know what is more sumptuous in this book, the scrumptious recipes or its mouth-watering images and scandi-chic aesthetic. The text is, ahem, easily digestible--written without pretense but with plenty of nuggets of information and endearing anecdotes about the author's life in Norway. I look forward to more books from Johansen. I hope she next turns her attention to baking, which is the focus of some of the very best recipes in this book.