Customer reviews

Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don't Control You
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 September 2013
Joyce touched a soft spot i have dealt with all my years, but the most scary part of it all, was that what happened to her happened to me, but my Mum was the Culprit here. In a proper African (Nigerian) setting, its a taboo to talk about this, most hide it, because of Culture, Shame, maybe pride and ego. But it does happen everyday in the Nigerian society. I almost shed tears all through reading this particular chapter. JOYCE WAS TALKING TO ME, Its as if i was re-leaving my whole life again. I came from a single parent home, was badly, emotionally and physically abused. My first marriage did not work, my second marriage broke down (but now hoping on God for recovery since I became saved). I have been praying and seeking God's help to totally heal me before I read this chapter. But I can proudly say I feel some kind of release and that whole load of baggage leaving me after reading this chapter. Joyce knows how to connect to people, she ministers to all wherever you are in the world through her books. My becoming saved and a born again christian was also through one of Joyce's book (The battle is for the Lord). Joyce is not afraid to speak, she tunes into you personally as if she lived your life and is by your side. She touches a spot that will make you want to reach out, for someone to hear your inner cry and respond and help heal you. (GOD IS ALWAYS THE BEST HEALER). Joyce is indeed blessed and has a special annointing from our MOST HIGH GOD. I pray that unity, peace and love continue to reign in her life AND home in the mighty name of JESUS. I hope to meet her one day hopefully if she comes to minister in UK. Although she seems far away, she is still very near to millions. May God continue to bless you Joyce. PLEASE BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. Stay Blessed!!!
on 14 October 2011
This book is very transformational when applied to your daily life. the beauty of "living beyond your feelings" is that it relates to you, its the reality of life, what you go through everyday and how you can make the best out of life.
if you are not too sure of how you react to things or if you want to improve your way living both personally and socially, then this is the right medication for you...
on 7 September 2016
I gave it 5 stars because for me the book broke down each point in an enjoyable and productive way that not only gave me a greater insight but reflecting from the book, I have slowly changed as a person and will keep moving forward spreading my knowledge to others who also go through the same issues.
on 29 April 2012
My first Joyce Meyer book and I loved it. It has really helped me think about how I behave in relation to my emotions and I know realise that I don't have to let emotions control me. Would recommend this book to everyone..words of wisdom for all!
on 20 March 2012
A simple yet in depth look at the way we deal with our emotions. Fantastically insightful!

Thanks Joyce!
on 23 April 2012
This book was great....so helpful. It talks about how it is important not to be ruled by our emotions, the reasons why and ways of coping. It then has a chapter for each emotion: anger, guilt, fear, handling loss, discouragement and depression, forgiveness,how emotions affect our health, stress and good emotions. At the end of the chapters she puts a decision/changes that you have to make in order to live beyond your feelings and also confessions. Sounds a bit cheesy I know but in the book she talks about how important it is to speak positively out loud in order to overcome our feelings. I have found this book extremely helpful and encouraging, particularly if I'm having a bad day. As it is a Christian book it is full of bible references which support her teachings and also encourage the reader not to listen to negative emotions. I would definitely recommend this book if you are the sort of person who really struggles with controlling their emotions.
on 13 March 2013
I am so glad I purchased this book. Together with her other books I am on the road of recovery from depression!
on 5 October 2011
Once again an amazing book would definately recommend to all to read .....
A very strong and encouraging message which enables you to understand and believe you can do it amen x
on 10 May 2012
Great inspiring book, extremely helpful in everyday life. I would highly recommend! Easy read :)Changed my life!!
I have been sharing my book around and have bought another copy for my sister!
on 7 February 2013
I am so thankful for Joyce and all the books she has written!
This one is a must have! We all have emotions and so many of us don't know how to handle them or control them, so they control us and we end up guilty or shameful because of our words or behaviour.
But this book teaches you in a kind and loving way to understand yourself better and get control over you emotions!
Joyce is really led by the Holy spirit and that power really gets to you through reading this book ....her books!
Love it!