Customer reviews

King's Cross: Understanding the Life and Death of the Son of God
Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2018
Over the years I have read many Christian Books and a lot of them have inspired and challenged me. " Kings Cross " has done just that for me. Each Lent I read a book in preparation to celebrate Easter and this book was planned to last me the the whole six weeks ! I shall just have to read it over again. And as I do so I am sure I will be blessed a second time.
As a preacher myself I have particularly enjoyed and been blessed by the many insights into such well known passages of scripture.
on 22 April 2017
Written in an accessible style this provides interesting insights into Mark's Gospel. It would be suitable for an interested enquirer prepared to think through some of the deeper issues. That does NOT mean it is a heavy read. It's continuing value is shown by the fact that I have added Scripture and subject indexes. A great portrait of Jesus emerges.
on 14 July 2013
An easy to read book, but one which casts a light into the depths of Marks gospel in a new and refreshing way. He takes the familiar passages, exposes the history/traditions of that time and explains why christs coming to the world and the words he used were so shocking to that time. Excellent reading and one which I will go back to again and again. I would recommend this for anyone who has a faith in God, but who has some difficulty in understanding the greater works of bible history, theology and belief. This is easily read and understood.
on 18 January 2017
The quality of the paper/book is not high but entirely what you would expect at such value for money. This is a fantastic read; that's why I bought several copies as gifts.
on 4 April 2016
I challenge those who don't know Jesus to read it.
I already know Him but now I see the whole truth
on 9 May 2017
Insightful - illuminating - revealing - Looks at happenings from the inside out and gets under the surface ...
buy it, read it 👍🙏
on 23 January 2014
I felt this was a well written book and one that gave a step by step in-depth study of the book of Mark.
I liked the way it 'walked' through the book focusing on the stories and path taken by Jesus as he revealed himself as Gods Son and his journey to the cross and subsequent resurrection on Easter.
There were numerous insights into Jesus's teachings and his fulfilment of Gods plan for salvation.

Certainly worth reading.
on 14 November 2016
Great thanks
on 18 September 2015
Basically a series of sermons, that are quite easy to read through
on 11 March 2014
This is a fantastic book. Such a great lead up to Easter. We are now using it in our church as part of our journey.