on 18 October 2011
This is a required text for BSc Adult nursing. I am a first year student and this book has everything I need for clinical skills. It goes hand in hand with the Kozier text and really that should be me, all bases covered. That said, I have borrowed some foundation texts just because the Marsden is a little heavy to carry around. The language is set at the right level - with enough new terms to learn! The photographs and diagrams are very clear and helpful. I certainly can't fault this book - it's great, and the references are plentiful for further reading if you can manage it.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2013
This book is perfect to learn about a variety of clinical procedures to help you improve your practice,making it safe and ensuring it is evidence based. I enjoy just reading it to expand my knowledge on not only procedures but also the research behind it. It provides good details on anatomy and physiology which helps you understand better the rational behind any procedures. Overall the book describe in details and in a clear manner how to perform many clinical procedures. It can be used as a quick check guide and be used in more detail study.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2009
Buy it as a Student and it'll serve you through your staff job also.

It's 'The' reference book for student Nurses. You need it to compensate for over-subscribed libraries when a student and its a mandatory part of your locker when qualified; especially when some bright spark student asks you to give a 5 minute tutorial on a rare condition.

Well worth the career investment.
4 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2016
The Marsden book is a must have for any nursing student packed full of information and references . There is a newer edition but this will work just as well.
on 30 January 2014
I have just started my first year at university and this was on their reading list. After reading the amazon reviews I have to agree this is perfect for my studies. Other students also advised to buy it as it will be with me forever! Easy to understand and very detailed. Quite wordy and there a pictures which is great. Be warned this is like a bible, in the sense it is just under 2'' thick and heavy, it will be staying at home rather than me carting it everywhere. Apart from that perfect.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2014
Arrive in excellent condition and very promptly. As a student nurse this book is invaluable. It is a bit weighty, but contains all information needed for clinical skills! I love the pictures showing different methods. A must buy for all student nurses and qualified nurses!
on 14 September 2017
Bulky but very detailed and in depth for nurses who continue to learn and develop
on 2 August 2016
I was expecting the latest edition as I searched it on Amazon. I clicked the 9th edition but when I received it, it was the 8th edition. disappointed but I decided to settle with it because I don't have time to return it anymore as I am quite busy as a nurse. it is good though with loads of information for a much lesser price. Some information are not currently updated but what is the use of 'internet' nowadays.
on 6 July 2016
Really good book, definitely got me through the theory side of my nurse training and still using it now, 5 years into practice!
on 2 February 2017
I'm very pleased with the condition of this book and I find this to be very useful for nursing students and even student ODPs (Operating Department Practitioners). I would most definitely recommendthis book, its easy to read but also provides rationals for actions taken to give clearer understanding.