on 6 June 2016
This book makes topics that could quite easily be tiring to read through interesting and the chapters on how to read a paper are engaging and easy to understand. However you will need a seperate book for statistics though. The book goes off tangent slightly in the last few chapters as there are several sections devoted to how to apply EBM. Note the books main title is how to read a paper which I think only 75% of it is. Despite this the book will structure the way you read papers allow meaningful critical appraisal of papers.
on 12 December 2016
I love this book. I used to have the previous edition but somehow it is lost. It is the second book I have ever "lost". But out of bad comes good and now I have the latest edition. The book addresses almost every aspect of scientific research, written clearly and very cleverly. One of the best things with this book is the smart humour between the lines, which gives a bonus pleasure to read it, and helps understanding even the most complicated chapters.
on 12 February 2016
Must read for any medic. Couldn't rate this book highly enough. Used it preparing for Membership exams and in preperation for ST3 interviews & countless times since when I need to recap.
The dishonourable health secretary, Mr Jeremy *unt could do with reading it. Sadly the author sent him a signed copy (genuinely) but he's never read and continues to twist statistics he doesn't understand.
on 6 January 2018
Excellent book for research and all allied health and Medical professionals looking at evidence based practices. Greenhalgh doesn’t fail to deliver. Good service from seller.
on 16 April 2013
I still have trouble with reading books on a computer screen, and the electronic copy to which I had access was just sitting on my computer. I'm very glad that Ben Goldacre recommended this book so highly in his book "Bad Science".

I'm not new to reading papers, and thought I was quite good. This book has really taken my ability to read a paper up a notch. Trisha explains clearly what questions to ask, how to calculate from the data features of the studies, and why all that is so important.

This book follows me from table to computer as I read papers and critically evaluate data. Highly recommended if you are interested in asking evidence based questions and evaluating the literature yourself.
on 2 March 2014
This book is essential reading for my current research module and I have to say it is a book to keep in your personal library everything you want to know about how to read papers is in this publication. Don't waste time trying to borrow it just buy it. It is written in a very personal way as if the writer is just having a chat with you this approach removes the fear associated with research and encourages you to read further and understand concepts.
Also combine this book with nursing research by Parahoo and you will by sure to pass your research class.
on 15 July 2014
Am really pleased I purchased this book. It is simple,straightforward and easy to read if you need to learn basics of evidence- based medicine. Good at guiding you through medical literature and its comprehension.
on 2 December 2015
Really Good. Would Recommend, from a non trained researcher to help understand , clinical research findings/statistics
on 2 October 2017
great book and quick delivery! thank you!
on 2 October 2016