on 11 September 2013
This book is useful for supplementing knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and spelling. It covers the correct use of English including syntax but also some of its peculiarities -eg idioms. With the inclusion of a grammar element within SATs papers, the testing of grammar, punctuation, spelling and context within many multiple choice 11plus papers, I suspect that this book would be useful to parents and teachers alike.

It is a great shame that at the time of writing this review the book which provides answers was proving difficult to source.
on 24 December 2014
VERY good book. Used for my daughter 11+ prep. Do not let the sellers fool you into paying more g or the 'original' version. The 'Color' version is exactly the same..
on 11 January 2014
I found this book addictive as there was so much in it and my friend and I enjoyed testing each other on the numerous general knowledge questions. There is so much content that is so useful for the would be writer like myself. It can only be described as
brilliant and together with the Answers book it is perfect.

I'd definitely recommend the book for certain.

Posting times excellent as always for Amazon.
on 15 February 2014
Excellent, a mine of English language knowledge, of grammar and its explanations. A book every child/adult should have. My brother had a much earlier version as a schoolboy 50 years ago and there has been a " First aid in English" in the family ever since.
on 28 June 2016
I had been looking for the original version as it brought back great memories of my school days. I could not find one at a realistic price so opted for this one. Great fun, great memories and essential for a basic understanding of the complexities of the english language. Happy with my purchase and excellent value for money.
on 14 November 2015
I bought this guided by the motto 'Every Little Bit Helps'. Well, this book has proved to be much more worthwhile than I bargained for. It's one of the few that have managed to achieve continuous engagement with the intended target- an energetic 7 year old! Everything is explained in a simplistic coherent fashion that subtly dwells on core objectives.
on 21 November 2014
First Aid In English is a staple book I have used as a teacher for many years so I bought this book for my granddaughter to help her with her revisionn in GCSE English. Brilliant! She thinks it is "tops!" It is just as goodnas ever.
on 1 June 2014
I bought this for my kid and she loves it! It is great for teaching guide in english! It is very easy to read. Also it was delivered very fast! I would definitely recommend this!
on 27 October 2013
I read and studied from this book as a child and bought this copy for my granddaughter as it is truly excellent as a teaching guide in English language. No home with children should be without one.
on 11 February 2014
Excellent book, but answers have to be bought separately!! What a con! In the original the answers were at the back.