Customer reviews

on 13 September 2017
I bought this to try to learn some Greek. Victoria Hislop recommended it. I used it a few times, but it now languishes on my desk as an over priced, over sized paper weight
on 18 November 2012
I rate this very highly. The listener learns the Greek words one at a time; from 'a sandwich' to 'I want a sandwich', 'he wants a sandwich', 'she doesn't want a sandwich but she wants a tea' etc. The method appeals to the listener's intuition. The CDs need to be paused often - when the teacher asks the 'class' for a translation - so the only downside is that I can't really use this whilst driving.
on 8 September 2012
I have used Michel Thomas CDs previously: to improve my confidence in speaking French and to start learning Spanish (did not persevere prior to a visit to Madrid but got by amazingly well having done only half the course).
You realise when you get places that you have learnt things without any strain or even awareness that you 'know' the language until words pop into your head when you try to use it.
This course is produced by the Michel Thomas Method after his death and is just as effective as the original Produced by him.
I've just returned from a holiday near Kavala in the north of Greece. When I visited the island of Thassos and got lost I asked for directions in Greek and was amazed to be asked 'are you from Athens?'. My accent was obviously unfamiliar but at least I was understood. In Thessalonika I asked a man if I was heading for the airport. He replied 'yes', smiled at me and then asked 'and which language do you normally speak? He then gave detailed directions in English. My biggest difficulty with practicing the languages is that everyone knows that 'the British don't learn languages'. Inevitably when I try, people start speaking (willingly in France) to me in English. Total Greek with the Michel Thomas Method (Michel Thomas Series)
on 28 July 2015
Poli kala
on 21 April 2015
They're good at doing what they say they will, but the vocabulary you'll learn is no good for any sort of long-term use. The method itself, which is basically learning through using the words in sentences, is very effective, but having started proper Greek lessons, I've found the stuff I learned served to confuse me more than help me.
on 24 July 2013
This language course is one of the best I have tried, it makes learning a language possible with very little effort, it works like magic and I would recommend the course to others without hesitation.
on 11 June 2014
Went to Greece on hols and just had to learn more.Tried a few cheap options but have found this by far the best way to learn,as you dont just learn useful phrases but the structures to make you own sentences. You wont be chatting like a Greek with just this disc set, but it will give you an excellent start. When I tried my greek speaking skills on a greek shop keeper she said `you have the soul of a greek`, at least I think she did. the system is based on a teacher teacher greek to 2 pupils with you acting as the third.A very useful pamphlet is included ,but you will have to learn more words for objects from elsewhere, but plently of that sort of stuff on free translators and web sites. Ya sas.
on 21 January 2015
So clever and enjoyable to listen to.
I got this because another comprehensive greek course I had felt to difficult
to get my teeth into.
Michel Thomas' method has given me a good dose of confidence.
on 8 April 2014
I have used...and loved...Michel Thomas courses in the past. I had some doubts about buying a course based on his methods....Were they cashing in on his name and reputation? But....no...I truly believe this is an improvement on all the previous "authentic" courses....It teaches really useful vocabulary as well as the underlying structure. The originals sometimes seemed to concentrate on structure and rather leave the learner to add vocabulary. I rate this course very highly indeed and highly recommend it. I wouldn't bother buying the "taster" cd as this is included in the full course. Excellent value....and great fun
on 7 November 2013
Learning modern day Greek with this method is a lot of fun and very useful. Just for about 15-20 minutes a day pick up your audio device and participate by listening and joining in. I'm very happy I bought it.