on 30 June 2013
Bought as a gift for an 80 year old who wanted to learn better French. As she loved it, I can only say if you want to learn then get it yourself
on 21 March 2015
Took a bit of getting used to, and a while to tune in to Michel Thomas's voice, but it's proving a useful extra learning input.
on 13 April 2013
Super!. Short phrases, straight to, the point and repeated in a clear and precise voice at a reasonable speed. Brilliant!
on 16 July 2013
This was for my husband & he has started using the material & finding Michael Thomas very good for learning French.
on 17 April 2014
bought this as a revision aid, it was useful but used a more simplified level of grammar than I was taught
on 8 March 2012
I have had previous attempts at learning French, admittedly half-hearted, at school, using audiobooks and 'conversational', but this is the first time I really feel I am getting to grips with the language. The structure of the course makes logical sense to me, and makes it simplistic. Positive reinforcement comes from applying what you have been taught, and then hearing it back. He doesn't challenge you to remember, but focuses on 'working it out' from the bite-sized teachings.
VINE VOICEon 28 May 2011
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
C'est magnifique! French was never a good option for me at school but as I now regularly travel there, I needed to do something! This set of CDs was a Godsend. Only after a few hours study my French was flowing faster than an Onion seller on a bike with no brakes pedalling downhill!
on 22 September 2014
This set of audio books would be much easier to absorb if narrated by someone other than Michel Thomas. His voice and manner are dreadful, the sound of his heavy German accent trying to teach French to English students is truly awful. The way he raises his voice when speaking to his students is also difficult to tolerate and his massive over emphasis of the endings of words is very grating on the nerves ! I can also do without the nonsensical explanations included about the origins and development of the French language, truly a waste of audio time. I also do not want to know what the word or phrase used to be, I listened to these audio tapes to find out what the French language is about in the current century. In conclusion, I found these tapes to be extremely annoying and irritating, for one main reason, that they are narrated by Michel Thomas !! I could never recommend anything narrated by this man.
on 6 May 2016
Very very good
Makes learning French access able to the non academic
on 25 June 2015
if your looking to learn a language Michel Thomas knows his onions