on 27 August 2011
Complete Turkish (TY Complete Courses)]]

This is a much easier course to follow than many others. Full pronunciation practise is given together with a concise explanation of grammatical points as they occur.I heartily recommend the book and CD.[[ASIN:1444132466 Teach Yourself
on 16 February 2012
I bought this new (2010) edition of Teach Yourself Turkish, hoping that it would be an improved and expanded version of the 2003 edition, which I have been using for the past five years.

However, I was disappointed to find that the only difference between the two versions was a new cover. Even the typos of the 2003 edition had not been corrected, but were reproduced exactly the same in the 2010 edition. In addition, the binding, which many people had complained about in the 2003 edition, was still as weak as before.

Shame on the publishers for simply recovering the book, and putting the price up by 14%, while not correcting obvious mistakes and not making the binding more durable!

Having said that, what is between the covers is still, in my opinion, a first class and comprehensive introduction to Turkish language and grammar at beginner and intermediate levels.
on 8 January 2013
I love this book. To learn a language you need the right materials to suit you and this one was perfect for me. Right amount of grammar and vocab with each lesson and its arranged so its easy enough to understand. After just studying the first chapter a few times I was able to say quite a lot of things when on holiday in Turkey. I highly recommend this book for travellers and people planning to stay in Turkey longer term ts an excellent resource.
on 29 October 2011
I'm about a quarter of the way through this book and am finding it to be a good practical guide to learning Turkish grammar.
on 13 May 2012
Everything is logically laid out, very well explained. Its easy to follow and does not offend your intelligence. It has a good amount of exercises to get you thinking about the grammar and memorise words. The Turkish used in the book is Turkish used in the country (as confirmed by my Turkish boyfriend), which is more than a lot of language books can claim to do. So if you want a hassle-free way of teaching yourself the basics before going out there - this book is a must!
on 13 August 2013
I find it very practical to use with excellent grammar back up and explanations.I would like to purchase the Audio CD to accompany it.
on 17 February 2013
I purchased this book for my Turkish course.As my other half is Turskish.I always want it to learn it.As busy people-he dosnt have the time to teach at home.How ever its easy-to learn from this book.Teacher told us the basic of Turkish.And its very easy to folow.Great to learn from this by your self as well.I would recommend this book as your first book into the Turkish.x
on 5 March 2014
Moves at good pace, interesting and useful vocab and scenarios. Gave it four out of five only because there's always room for improvement!
on 30 October 2014
Breaks everything down into small learnable sections....now I've just got to learn it :)
on 11 November 2013
Turkish language is very difficult for me. So I guess there is no book that can make it much easier, however this book gives you very simple grammar explanations, without being too technical. I wish it had more illustrations to help me learn visually as well as Turkish is so different than English in its grammar and vocabulary. It is difficult to make associations without illustrations. I like it has various levels, so you can make progress with only one book.