Customer reviews

on 8 December 2013
You can always rely on the quality of these literary guides to help. Thoroughly advise you add it to your collection.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 March 2012
It is many years since my sixth form days and A-level. Indeed my A-level subjects did not include English Literature. I have nevertheless often felt the need to deepen my appreciation of novels, read and enjoyed.
This guide is a good companion for Great Expectations and not just for A-level students. The sections on Critical and Literary contexts were especially enlightening.
The basic fault of the guide was its brevity. My thirst for information and analysis was far from being quenched. Can it be that the seventeen year old pupils of today have such brief attention spans? In this particular case more, much more, would have meant better. There is a market for that kind of guide. The Kindle generation awaits!