on 14 September 2017
As Required
on 9 July 2017
Good.
on 26 December 2015
I worked with this book 20 years ago. The updated version is excellent. It gives the student the vocabulary to write their coursework.
on 27 December 2015
Ideal for A level study
on 3 June 2011
This book aided me from GCSE to A2, extremely useful, not only does it contain idiomatic phrases which there is no way of looking up in a dictionary, it has sections of field specific vocabulary which is really helpful, especially in AS and A2. I think it is a must-have if you are learning German as a foreign language. Good quality and good condition. However, compared with Palabra por Palabra, it lacks that extra bit (i.e.- phrases and vocab) that will have you stand out in an exam. But that might just be there are less of these phrases in the language. But very useful!!
on 30 November 2011
Amazing book, I couldn't do my A2 without it. The structure, by topic, is perfect for using to write essays and the vocab suggested helps you to write idiomatically and fluently. I showed this book to my teachers, who thought it was so good that they bought one for everyone in my class. I thoroughly recommend it.
on 30 November 2011
'Wort fur Wort' was the most useful book I could have ever wished for, it really aided me through my A-Level Course. In fact, I still use it to this day at University becasue it is so useful! It is organised into chapters which provide simple access to whatever you could possibly need to say. Very worthwhile, especially for the unbelievable price I found mine on Amazon for.

I will be awaiting Paul Stocker's next book which I think is coming out in 2012, entitled "A Student Grammar of German".

To sum up: great book, great price - don't acknowlege the bad reviews!
on 23 February 2014
As I was considered to be gifted at German during my AS year, my teacher told me to buy this book as one of her upper sixth students use it and he praised it constantly, so I went ahead and bought it. I was amazed to which lengths of vocabulary it went to. It gives you phrases and great vocabulary. Personally I find the essay vocabulary and phrases are the reason I can write an essay in German almost as well as I can in English now. I have no faults in this book except sometimes the vocabulary has been put into a weird chapter but if you're learning it all for your exams you're bound to cover it anyway so it doesn't matter!
on 24 May 2007
This book helped me through my AS German and currently through my A2.

It gives helpful and useful little connective phrases, whole phrases and helps give a wider range of lexis, which is what the examiners want.

Great book.
on 14 March 2010
This book is well constructed into different sections and provides useful sentences and phrases which can easily be manipulated into essays or long exam questions in order to show a bit of flair or creativity. Some of these phrases are useful for more than one topic, and the vocabulary is essential for some of the topics at AS/A2.
I would not say that this book stretches you in any way, although it is a good reminder for up and coming exams, and is quite easy to scan over and remind yourself of anything which may have slipped your mind.