Customer reviews

on 20 July 2014
Having read the earlier editions I thought it was time to read Cooper's more up to date thoughts.

Firstly may I say this is not a student text book review but one provided by a practicing manager with an interest in understanding what makes people tick at work,

What I enjoy about this book is that it is written by an expert in the field of psychometrics who is happy to give his opinions. Knowing he is a firm believer allows you to balance his views with social psychologists.

This book contains 20 chapters which only one of which (how to do factor analysis) I did not enjoy (I understand the concept but have no intention of doing). The other 19 shortish chapters cover every area you will ever need to understand regarding individual differences.

The book is aimed at undergraduate psychology students so thankfully is not a dense referenced tome but still provides sufficient information for an interested amateur. Although with suggested reading and references at the end of each chapter there is plenty of further reading to be had.

I would recommend managers read this book to gain a larger understanding of what makes their people tick
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 November 2010
Bought to supplement my Individual Differences module on my psychology degree and it certainly helped me pass. I imagine it would be a useful book to refer to in general, since individual differences can be applied to other psychology modules.

However, its thinness suggests it is more of an introductory text.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse