on 10 November 2012
Previously I had purchased the book only and found it excellent. After working through the course I could could both read and write in Swedish and use a dictionary to extend my vocabulary. However, having visited Sweden, I still could not converse because the pronunciation is quite different from that of English. So I gave my book to my English speaking daughter-in-law who lives in Sweden, could converse as a foreigner, but needed the grammar to improve, and bought the double pack for me.

The newer edition text is just as good. But I am disappointed with the CD. The speech is too quick and does not always follow the text exactly. There is also no indication when you have got to the end of a section before it starts on another, so you always miss the start. Maybe when I have learnt sufficient spoken Swedish from my granddaughter so that I can just listen to the CD without the text, I shall find it of value, but until then, I have given up on it. It is too frustrating.
on 5 June 2016
An excellent way to learn Swedish. It covers the main areas like arriving in the country, greeting people, eating in and out, telling the time etc. and there are "10 things to remember" at the end of each chapter. The conversations are particularly useful when used with the accompanying CDs. Also I've learned a little of Sweden's history. Take it from me there's more to Sweden than Abba and Ikea..... for example did you know that Anders Celsius was a Swede?
on 10 May 2014
This book and cd is great just follow through the exercises and the book is easy to follow would recommend it
on 22 March 2015
The CD is useful but the book is not due to there being many errors in the book.
on 1 November 2014
Easy to learn and understand but you need to know lite basic of Swedish first.
on 19 August 2014
Without the CD the book is an expensive mistake...I thought it came with a CD...stupid me...so I ordered them ...4 months ago...If you know some Swedish, if you have no doubt about its pronunciation and are able to read Swedish then hey...Ive been a bit harsh with the one star...but sadly I got this book to learn the subject...and Im none the wiser still. My advise is to get a cd rom if you have the time to sit in front of a computer...if not like me...you will have to spend the money and just get a complete set...they are very expensive but there is no point in throwing your money away.
on 3 April 2015