on 20 June 2017
This book was a great refresher. I have been learning Swedish on and off over the past year; and with the help of this book I was able to remember the words/phrases I had learnt before, whilst learning new words/phrases.

Only issue I have is that I wish I bought the CD that comes with the book, as this would have helped to distinguish words when listening to people speaking Swedish.
on 15 September 2017
Advertised as ebook + audio, but audio not available on Kindle PC or Kindle Android. Kept getting error "There is audio content at this location that is not currently supported for your device. [etc.]" Followed all blogs and forums on this error, made sure I had latest Kindle on both devices but nothing worked, so I sent it back for a refund.
on 8 January 2015
It's a really useful book for intermediate level. The kindle format on the fire works perfectly. Easy to navigate to the question/ answer pages. The audio is in-build in a really smart way so you can listen while reading, and turn the pages etc with the audio continuing in the background. Would highly recommend - and I hope for the next one, perhaps the advanced level now?
on 29 July 2017
Excellent.
on 2 March 2017
Not too well planed. Deficient gramma explanations. Logical development too elementary.
on 30 March 2013
I first used this book and tapes (those plastic things with holes in) back in the early 90's to learn Swedish and even now I can still remember the first section about passport control! lol I have recently bought the newer version with CD in order to brush up on my Swedish for a holiday, and whilst it's not changed more (passport control is still the first chapter!) it's been helpful to use again, I still have the original book and tapes, but now CD's and being able to make them into MP3's is a godsend!

I highly recommend this set for learning Swedish in comparsion to others on the market, planning on buying the Danish version next!
on 12 September 2013
I bought this book to hear the sounds of the language on disk fully expecting the disk and the book to be fully integrated but they are not. It may be that a much younger person than I could make real progress with the arrangement but this course does not suit me.
The disk needs a book of its own and the book needs a disk of its own. I need to be able to go back a line or two or a phrase or two so that I may listen over and over again. This system takes me all the way back to the beginning of a section. So I was disappointed.
on 23 June 2015
This product is wrongly described as having 'added learning features within the course and online', giving the web address to use to access this. On the front of the pack it tells you you can 'test yourself and learn more online'. When I tried to do this I searched the website and found nothing. I contacted the publishers who said 'this is an error on the book's cover and we do not currently have any additional online materials'. I would not recommend this to anyone. In addition, the paperback format of the book is not at all user-friendly as you can't keep the book open while listening to the CD or writing anything down. Very disappointing
on 4 August 2015
Nice Book.
on 18 February 2011
The Teach Yourself series of books is by far the best series that I have come across. I decided that I wanted to learn Swedish and this combination of CDs and a book is incredibly helpful. It takes you from a complete beginner and it takes you upto an A-level standard of Swedish.