on 8 October 2012
If you're a complete beginner, I would not recommend this book, unless you are a linguistic genius, of course. However, if you already know some Arabic and are familiar with the script and pronunciation, this book is accessible to you. Contrary to some other reviews, I like the fact that they omit all the short vowels and present the language like how it would be written nowadays.

This book is difficult, but don't give up! You may want to try another book before returning to this one. (I gave up on this book and finished Mastering Arabic and I am now returning to this book - it is actually very refreshing and a lot less painful than the first time around).
on 11 May 2013
Very difficult language to master no matter what the adverts say. I didn't expect it to be easy but this is hard work. The book on its own is a waste of money, you must buy the audio set but it moves fast and I'm not finding it easy
on 2 November 2014
I bought this to go along with the book. Waited longer than normal for this to be delivered. It seems good but not wirking on my hi-fi, although it works on a laptop. I hope it works when I return to Egypt.
on 2 September 2013
Just what I'd expected from the write-up, and hearing the language correctly pronounced was most helpful. No criticisms to make at all: it was carefully wrapped and well-insulated.