Customer reviews

on 30 October 2000
My nephews and niece (7, 6 and 4) visited me in Orkney recently and borrowed this book from the Kirkwall library. They loved it so much they are going to buy their own copy. It is a charming account of the Nessie story with delightful illustrations of a friendly, smiling monster - one of those very special books which will give pleasure however many times it is read. I am tempted to buy myself a copy too!
on 6 January 2001
I liked the book because it taught me about the history of Nessie and Loch Ness. It also let me see how big Loch Ness really is. You can get five jumbo jets in to the Loch. When I went to Loch Ness my Dad said that he saw Nessie when I was sleeping. I am not sure that this is true!
on 20 March 2012
This is a bright and colourful book with a good story for our wee grandson who is 3 and into monsters just now he loved it ,
on 20 January 2017
A cute picture book with fun full color pictures on each page in a style similar to the cover. Targeted at 4 to 7 year-olds, but the text is clever and parents will be actually amused as well. Surprisingly informative and factual (if that's the right word for such a subject) about all the lore and history. The book should leave little kids enamored with Nessie and the ending doesn't break any little hearts; it's honest and leaves things open ended about whether Nessie really exists, but it playfully suggests she's just been having fun toying with us humans in a game of hide and seek. We got a copy about 4 years ago for our daughter before we visited Loch Ness and even though she's 8 now, she still reads it from time to time. Highly recommended.
on 30 July 2014
Excellent book - ideal for both younger and older children. Lots of entertaining facts and figures and full explanation of the loch ness myth. I sent this to an American girl aged 7 who was due to visit Scotland and she loved it
on 1 May 2014
Story is well illustrated and contains some interested facts as well as enjoyable to read. Not the shortest of reads before a night time sleep especially when asked loads of questions!
on 24 July 2013
Friends from Scotland emigrated to the states and now have a young family. This book was ideal to send out for a wee birthday gift as it's not a heavy book for posting.
on 10 August 2015
Well written and illustrated, this is both fun and informative and will engage the adult who is reading to a small child as much as the child him/herself.
on 25 November 2012
Bought this for my grand children who were coming up to holiday with us in Scotland.
We had to take the kids to Loch Ness after they read this.
on 3 October 2015
Excellent book for kids interested in monster. We visited Loch Ness this summer based on my sons interest generated by the fab and remarkably accurate book looking at the evidence. Highly recommended!