on 12 May 2013
What a wonderful storybook - lovely pictures (pay attention!) and flowing script. Like a certain Sir TPratchett's 'Where's my Cow', this is a clever book masquerading as something for the children. Okay, it is for children, but not the very youngest. You don't read this one out loud; you read it and take note of the little details, especially if you're planning on reading the rest of the Guardians books.

I have the e-version, run on the iPad, but would love now to own a proper hardback copy to decorate the coffee table (and read, of course).
on 7 January 2017
I liked all of it and all of the Guardians :-) the movie was what got me in to the Guardians and I love Jack Frost and Sandy <3 x
on 23 May 2013
When I first saw this book, I was somewhat skeptical about it as my knowledge of it came from Dreamworks "Rise of the Guardians" but my worries were abated the moment I read an excerpt, and since then I've fallen in love all over again with the enigmatic childhood figure, known simply as "The Man in the Moon".

The book does have its essence of tragedy that might worry some parents or carers, but I assure you that the overall tale fra outshine such worries. "The Man in the Moon" doesn't just overcome his sorrows, he uses them to empower him to keep trying, and striving to do more something many children could benefit from doing.

All in all, it was a charming and delightful read, a read I've enjoyed numerous times already as the tale was just too charming. I gave it a 5/5 stars but it has also captivated my heart.
on 12 February 2015
Beautiful book, can't wait to read the other books in this series!
on 2 January 2016
Really nice book good quaily and good value for the price
on 9 January 2016
Beautiful illustrations and an amazing story.
on 14 September 2016
Great product and very fast shipping!
on 7 January 2017
A truly beautiful book.
on 7 April 2013
Good illustrated book with pictures that provoked observations and questions from my daughter. We had to go cover to cover but it is a fairly short book, some words a little stretching for an eight year old but she managed most very well.

If your children have seen the film it doesn't have Jack as this is the first book but is does set the scene and is a good read in its own right.
on 27 February 2013
Is it a geek faux pas to admit you only looked at this book because of the movie adaptation? It seems somehow wrong but I shall be honest. I knew nothing of these books until I stumbled across the movie last December. Since then I've been intrigued by the world William Joyce has created. It's a simple and brilliant idea. The stories aren't always strong and the characters can be a little thin but there is something wondrous here all the same, for kids and adults alike. If you liked the movie then I advise you to delve a little further and embrace it with an open heart.