Format: Diary|Change

I bought two of these notebooks because I (or rather, my inherent yet dormant magpie gene) was enchanted by what I though was a shiny, heavily embossed gold pattern on the cover. Sadly I was mistaken. Very little, if any gold to be had, however, nowhere in the description does it refer to the said gold, so the fault is mine entirely.

What I will highlight strongly - and this refers to the majority of these breathtaking notebooks is that the Amazon price shown at £10.80+ is £2.00 more than the £8.80 being charged by the manufacturer listed in the other offers tab - so do check prices!

So to the notebook. After my initial disappointment about the lack of gold - I was actually very deeply amazed at the high and excellent quality of the notebook. It is larger, quite beautiful and funtionally so, than A5, in fact a little shorter in length than A4 and at 192 pages, adequate for a lot of uses.

The pages are a soft cream, lightly lined so not obtrusive and silky smooth. I use fountain pens exclusively and inks from around the world (some of which can misbehave quite significantly!) yet I have experienced no problems at all, no bleed/ show through, smudging or indeed smearing - however I have had to learn a little patience in allowing the ink to dry etc. The cream makes most colours even more vibrant, oranges, blues, greens and browns come alive and the beautiful and sacred art of writing becomes even more precious and delicious.

As another reviewer has said, one feels fearful about writing in these masterpieces - but by the very act of being written in, these beautiful artworks fulfill their destiny in holding your most precious thoughts. What a legacy to leave, and what a lovely gift to self! I have just ordered my seventh notebook and I cannot wait till it arrives as the description stated 'metallic accents in red, copper and blue' - wow. Treat yourselves to at least one this lifetime! Be Blessed.
on 3 August 2013
This stunning journal arrived quicker than expected.Looks beautiful and it's as if you are writing into your own book.
Everything about this is perfect!! In the future,I will only buy these journals.Beautifully made,cannot fault it!!
Got my eye on a few more!! :) Now I do not dare to write in it,just in case I spoil it!
The lines are lovely,just enough to see but not enough to spoil the book.
Money well spent!!
on 17 October 2013
I think this book is beautiful. I am looking for a special topic to use it for. I do not think you will be disappointed. I love the gold detail on the cover. I bought this as an impromptu gift to give to someone and ending up keeping it for myself.
on 12 January 2015
I decided that this year I would like to record my goals, ideas and plans etc. I saw this book and others in the range and thought that they looked lovely. I was not disappointed when it arrived. It's really lovely. Paper quality is good and the cover s beautiful. I don't suppose that this book will ensure I reach my goals, but I will certainly enjoy writing them down!
on 17 March 2015
BEAUTIFUL. I love Peter Pauper Press books. They are stunning, durable and so cheap compared to others of this kind(well, there really aren't anything quite like these). Just lovely. 100% worth the money.
If like me you are a lover of beautiful inspiring stationary this is for you. It's a gorgeous image with intricate detail, but also, importantly the notebook is easy to write in and hard wearing. I love the gold spine too.
on 27 March 2014
One of the most beautiful diaries ever, I'm am so very pleased with the purchase.

The pages are beautiful, the design even more so and the pages are plenty and quality.

Great purchase, very pleased!
on 16 July 2015
I bought this as a gift and was really pleased with it. I like Peter Pauper Press products because they tend to be well-made and this journal is no exception. The design is also great (quite unusual)!
on 12 October 2014
The item is wonderful and beautiful, size is just right too- smaller than A4 but bigger than A5. excellent as bought as a gift for someone.
on 11 August 2014
beautiful notebook - I love writing in it; paper is good quality so you can use both sides without the ink from a gel pen bleeding through