Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 30 August 2012
This was a great read for me...I was very much into the punk thing back in 1977/78...and the Rolling Stones were definitely "Old Guard"...but I thought "Miss You" and "Respectable" were great singles....so off to Boots to pick them up.
The book works it's way through the albums tracks and sets the scene nicely with background information about what was going on in the world and the world of the stones.
The author also calls it a "New York Album" which is interesting...and when you think about it..it does kind of make sense....I mean the Stones were from London ..right??? But it does have a New York feel somehow.
Reading this ..and I'm off on one of my missions to listen again..and track down some of their appearances/live stuff from that era.
SO...yes you have to reference
Some Girls (2CD Deluxe Digipack Edition)
and

Some Girls - Live In Texas '78 (DVD + CD) [2011]
A very good read....if you are a music fan...you don't have to be a Stones fanatic...its great stuff......
I have a number of these 33 and a 1/3 series...and they are all quality stuff!!