on 14 June 2012
I thought Office 2010 was a bit expensive for what I required so I had a look at Office org 3. This proved to be just what I wanted and w3as free to boot. Having downloaded it all I then wanted was a good book as a reference and I wasnt dissapointed. It is first class and I highly recommend it as A MUST
on 28 May 2013
To me, getting started inplies beginning at the beginning. This book does not. It assumes a basic knowledge. For example, in Getting Started with Calc the reader is expected to know the symbols to use for multiply and divide.
I wasted my money. Don't do the same.
on 12 January 2014
All you need for open office, but rather a daunting tome. Good to dip into but not for the timid user
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 August 2013
A very good guide to use of Open office. Plenty of good and useful information on spread sheets and documents.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 May 2011
It is exactly what the title of the book says, Getting Started. Easy and not complicate. It is not a book that will guide through detailed steps of this very powerfull Office Suit. The OOo community is always available to support anyone.
on 12 March 2010
Unfortunately, I have not had time to assess the product in a practical sense but skipping through the book I note that the content is practical and set out clearly. I have the impression that it does not deal with the 6 applications in depth, which is only to be expected given that, after all, the book is written with OpenOffice novices in mind.