Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 July 2013
I am a huge admirer of Kelly Wiese, and have eagerly awaited this new book, which is her follow on to Beaded Allure (Beaded Allure Beadweaving Patterns Romantic I used the latter book as a novice beader, and was immensely proud of some of the pieces that I made as a result.
Kelly covers some basic stitches and techniques in the first 20 or so pages- how I wish the book had been out when I was trying to get to grips with right angle weave.
As the title states, there are 25 projects, and I would be more than happy to make and wear several of these to wear during the day time to complement casual clothes. Each project is given a star rating so that you can get an idea of how difficult it might be for you.
For me, Kelly's selling strength is that her instructions are so clear and she uses great close up photographs to guide you step by step from start to finish of a project.
I also like the fact that in this book,Kelly has included the colour of the materials used for each project so if you are smitten by one, you can re-create it.
on 20 July 2013
I loved Kelly's first book for the clarity of the instructions just as much as the designs, and this is a great follower. What's different here is a greater variety of design style, plus an explanation of which stitch you are using. Having thought I was no good at Peyote (perhaps because I used rocaille beads rather than delicas which fit together much more easily) I now discover I've been doing it without realising!
Kelly also gives suggestions on how to adapt her designs to make different pieces, which is a great confidence boost for those of us who'd like to design our own jewellery but don't quite have the confidence.
on 17 November 2014
If you love making and giving contemporary jewellery that looks good on people of all ages then you won't go wrong with this beautiful book by Kelly Wiese. Even a relative novice will be able to follow the written instructions because they come with photo's that detail exactly what you need to do. This book is her second and it's marginally better than her first book only because it gives you the colour of the beads she used, very useful for someone like me who is useless at putting colours together! I don't like overly ornate jewellery so Kelly's book is right up my street. Buy it and you'll soon be creating beautiful jewellery that is relatively cheap to make but looks like its expensive counterpart available in the shops.
on 17 July 2013
Bought this as beaded Allure by Kelly Weise is so brilliant! Although this book uses rivolis most of the patterns are unappealing and even the necklace on the cover is lacklustre and dull. Will sell on the back of being a sequel but disappointing.
on 10 May 2016
I love Kelly Wiese's books. Almost every design in this book I would happily wear. It is for beaders with some experience, is very clearly written with excellent diagrams. I was delighted to find it contained an anklet!
on 30 May 2013
I am really going to enjoy the book. I found her first one valuable and useful. i never to buy a book that will not be looked at ,read and re read. I love experimenting, and used her previous book almost to the point of extinction. I took a lot of info from her and her patterns
on 20 January 2014
I looked widely for a book of beading patterns and added this to my Wishlist. Received for my birthday and it didn't disappoint. The projects are all lovely looking and the instructions thoroughly accessible (I'm an enthusiastic beginner!) I had a friend choose something for her birthday, and excitedly prepared to start the first project to get myself skilled-up.
HOWEVER, the Materials listing has raised challenges. "Japanese Seed Beads" are not of uniform shape - so which ones? "Lined Green" - which green...?
I do value the option to choose my own colours, but when I first make a piece I certainly learn more happily when I'm not having to match my own colour choices to those being used int he source pattern.
So the search goes on!
on 28 October 2013
I bought this book like so many others after purchasing beads Allure and just like the first book its very well put togther with step by step instructions with photos and elegent designs to try and adapt.

this is my sort of book elegent jewellery that everyone will compliment on!
on 20 July 2013
This is the second book by Ms Wiese that I have purchased and was not disappointed. It has some gorgeous pieces with clear and easy to follow instruction.
on 29 June 2013
This is the second book by Kelly Wiese that I just couldn't wait to get! Beautiful designs and easy to follow instructions. Love it :)