on 7 February 2013
This book arrived last week and now I'm almost finished one of the hats. I'm an experienced knitter but new to fair-isle. This book contains patterns for what are termed stocking hats and tams, gloves, mittens, socks and legwarmers. The patterns are given as a chart which I found easy to follow. You've got to keep your mind on the job then everything works out perfect.

I found the pattern easy to follow and I would definately recommend this book.
on 10 February 2017
A pretty book but wasn't really what I was expecting. The patterns are all very similar - I was hoping there would be distinctpatterns e.g. Norwegian/ Faroese/Shetland. But no. There are few basic designs and patterns, and most are made on very thin needles and fine yarns, it would have been more useful if there had been a wide range of patterns/yarns/styles. The projects do look nice and I may make a couple in the future.
on 13 May 2015
this is a lovely book with great patterns. Each section gives an overview of how the item is constructed and then there are several patterns for each item. I am looking forward to trying these out. I really cant fault the layout and design of the book and the patterns.
on 5 April 2013
I tried the 'Joanna's Hat' & matching mittens. Really challenging and Required a lot of concentration. So pleased with the result. They are the perfect answer to our cold weather and look so attractive. Loads of admiration (and requestsfor me to knit them for others!) every time I wear them. Thank you to the designers
on 11 February 2017
For the more experienced knitter. I learned some new techniques and thoroughly enjoyed the challenges of the more complex and detailed designs. So far I have knitted a hat but I plan to make several more of both hats and kittens.
on 6 November 2013
This is a lovely book with lots of good projects but rendered almost useless by buying it on my kindle fire-the charts are tiny and cannot be enlarged! Amazon really have to get onto this problem-bacically I now have thrown away the price of this book-I really would like to send it back and get a refund but there is no way to do this with a download-frankly I feel I have been ripped off and it doesn't encourage me to read that people have had this problem with other books with charts and STILL nothing is done about it. This really doesn't do what it says on the tin.
on 23 August 2013
It will take some time before I can produce the knitwear in this book although I have a fair amount of knitting experience. For instance, I am not familiar with the Turkish method of cast on so I will have to master that technique before I can start.

However, the patterns are interesting and I love some of the colour schemes but it is all very American.
on 12 January 2015
I like this author as she gives you information on the pattern and then provides brilliant charts and instructions. Give it a go you won't be disappointed!
on 29 September 2015
looks good not had a chance to use as yey
on 13 December 2015
I shouldn't have ordered this book...now I want to make every single thing in it. Absolutely gorgeous patterns and the photos alone make it great to just peruse for fun.