TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2011
When I opened this book I found a 2 page spread of images of bags that are in the book and fell in love! Fresh modern designer fabrics are used and the image showed several bags I would love to own. There are 12 bag projects in the book with full size pattern pieces provided for each. You also get several pages of instructions and colourful hand drawn diagrams plus photos to guide you to make each bag. I like the hand drawn sketches, they bring a unique style to the book.

The projects are categorised by difficulty so that if you are new to bag making you can work your way through from the start and gain skills & confidence as you progress. The instructions are very detailed and the steps split down for making each section of the bag, making this book ideal for beginners as well as more experienced sewists.

As well as your standard handbags and day to day bags you also have a nappy bag, a laptop bag plus a backpack included in the book. Enough projects to keep you busy for quite some time.

This review originally appeared on The Sewing Directory.
on 16 March 2014
Nice book with a variety of bags. I am following the instructions for the across the shoulder bag and this is the first bag I have made. The patterns are in the back of the book and full size, the instructions are clear and broken down into each step with good diagrams, there are also in-depth techniques with clear photos at the beginning of the book to refer to as you go along. I would recommend this book as I am new to sewing having recently bought a sewing machine and only tried very simple things so far.
on 8 April 2017
What a fabulous book. I am new to sewing and thought I would start with bags. The bags shown are so cool and different and the instructions are easy to follow. Would highly recommend this book for both beginner and experienced sewer. This book was delivered quickly and the price was low.
on 12 October 2017
liked it verymuch
on 5 February 2012
I hadn't made a bag before, but I have now. Clear easy to understand instructions with good easy to follow diagrams.
I am going to make some more bags from this book so I think it was good value for money
on 3 May 2013
I am a novice sewer who was looking for a first project - I love bags so this book looked ideal. I am now - one week later - the owner of a fantastic bag which lots of people have commented on and asked where I bought it!
Pros of the book:
It is spiral bound so lays flat making it easy to read
Each pattern is broken down into tiny steps making it easy to follow, easy to stop and pick up again where you left off, and ensures you do everything in the right order
The patterns are ordered by difficulty. So I started with pattern one and am planning to work through them all, learning progressively harder techniques as I go
Each pattern lists everything you need to complete the pattern which ensures you don't get started and then realise you need a particular needle etc

Cons:
It is (I think) an American book and I am having trouble sourcing some of the fabrics in the UK. However, it does suggest alternatives and a quick search on the internet has also suggested alternatives
the pictures are hand drawn which can initially make them a little difficult to understand - but also it helps make the distinction between the right and wrong sides

So, all in all, a good buy which I would recommend to anyone looking to make their own bags - if I can do it then anyone can!
on 26 December 2011
I am a keen seamstress and I found a lot of good tips in this book. If you are looking for a book to help and guide you through bagmaking - this one is worth buying.
on 7 April 2013
Beautiful book,I have never made bags before but now I'm hooked. I love it. So many Styles and materials. Exccellent.
on 21 February 2013
Easy to follow patterns and so far I have made two bags from patterns supplied. Can see me reaching for the book whenever I need to make a bag. Lots of the techniques and adornments that can be mixed and matched. The patterns are easy to follow and all the patterns are supplied.
on 8 January 2013
This is a really inspiring book. I have already made four bags and plan to make many more for presents. The instructions are clear, although some sewing experience is needed.