well - a new author, a venture into the unknown and do i pay money for something untried and tested- the reviews and write up sounded good but...? Well - thats where the Sample feature works so well with kindle - got my free sample and couldn't wait to read more - and of course though i'm tucked up in bed reading all i need to do it click through to the store on my kindle and a few seconds later i can carry on reading!! Its a great book full of fairies, shapeshifters ( including the sizzling Brystion!)angels, and daemons and the delicious smutty mini unicorn Phineas! Our heroine Abby has been used as a 'touchstone' for a powerful fae, so her boss can cross to her world & stay while Abby looks afte the shop ( literally!) Abby is great - beleivable and vulnerable and yet witty and humourous. She's been dropped into a world she's still very uncertain about and learning as she goes trying to do her best for her absent boss...but where is her boss. Thats the start of Abbys adventure which takes us on a journey into magical worlds. Its full of face paced adventure, spiced up with some romance and laced throughout with witty humour. A fab book from an author now on my favourites list! I'll be waiting for her next book avidly.
on 14 February 2011
Wonderful debut first book in a new series.
I always troll through Amazon.com for up & coming new fantasy paranormal fiction & chanced upon this little gem, with remarkably good reviews on 'Goodreads' & Amazon I took the plunge.
Abby is a 'touchstone' for a powerful fae, which means it allows her boss to cross to her world & stay, without any stipulations on time, & her faery boss can come & go as she pleases. It's not all it's cracked up to be, but she will grin & bear it. Her boss has been gone a while now in mysterious circumstances and when Brystion comes into her life & invades her dreams, her problems begin to multiply.
Abby is not kickass, but has a stinging wit & sarcasm, she's brave & fearless & I found I was with her all the way..
A horny unicorn,fae, daemons, shapeshifters & angels - a dark urban fantasy that will make you laugh out loud, cringe in sympathy, I found in difficult to put down. Very entertaining & going to say fresh even. She blends plot, romance, sex, action, humour wonderfully - for a first novel great, yes there is a strong thread of in your face romance, but it does not detract from an intense plot, with colourful vivid characters. Multilayered & guanteed to entertain, AP has just gone on my favourite authors list.
on 24 March 2011
Abby is a touchstone. A liaison between worlds, she functions as an easier way for the Other Folk to cross between worlds. Each contact is unique and comes with its own stipulations depending on the holder.

Abby's current Contract is a Fae called Moria and Abbie made the deal trying to escape from her past. Her mother was killed in a car crash and she was left with permanent injuries that meant her dreams of becoming a dancer were crushed. But now Moira has disappeared and Abbie is only a novice TouchStone and left to run Moira's magical store.

When sexy succubus, Brystion turns on the charm in order to find his missing sister who has also vanished, Abby isn't sure who to trust.

Add some quirky friends, a pretty annoyed angel and a hilariously pervy miniature talking unicorn and you have a story that you won't put down and you won't soon forget.
on 25 March 2011
I really enjoyed this book and hope that another one comes along very soon. I'm not a patient person and usually wait until there is at least two in a series so that the stories flow; however I picked this up on a whim - having just finished reading the last of a trio - thinking it would be a filler book until i immersed myself in another series. It truly is NOT a filler. This is one book I wished that I had waited for a second one to come out. Excellent, fun, witty and so different. Can't wait for the next by a gifted author.

Maggie.
on 17 January 2012
The first book in a series and it was definitely good and although I wouldn't track when the next book is coming out like I do for other series, I might still buy it if I saw it.
The book itself is good, not extraordinary, but the characters are reasonably well rounded (although they have a tendency to act a little childish at times which in and of itself is nice if your looking for a lighthearted read) and the plot moves well without feeling drawn out or rushed (which I find in many urban fantasy books). It's a good length and doesn't really leave any obvious loose ends although I could see where the story seems to be headed from the end of the book. I didn't really fully comprehend what the world the book is set in comprised of, but if there is further books I presume more explanations are to come and I would be interesting in seeing more of it, and finding out the rules as it would put the character's actions in context better.
I recommend reading this book for light entertainment but it is still quite difficult to put down.
on 2 April 2012
What on earth is going on here? This is a really confusing urban fantasy, crammmed with elements that don't add up and make no sense. It's not sexy, it's not funny and it's not exciting. I'm amazed that a novel as weak as this could get into print. Do yourself a favour and save your money.
on 3 January 2012
The cover of this intrigued me when I saw it ages ago and I know my friend Julie is a huge advocate of Allison Pang so I decided it would be the first purchase I made for my new shiny kindle.

I love the world Pang has created here and I really liked Abby's voice. The storyline itself was really very intriguing and original, at least to my eyes. All her characters are well written and stand out on their own, I really loved Phineas (read it to see why) and hope he's in the next book.

A great debut (I think(hope!)) from Pang with the potential to be a good fun series.
on 27 September 2011
if you love fantasy and romantic and need a change from vampires this is the book, the main character is a strong female lead which is always what we like but with a possible soul mate hanging around tempting us to see the series and where the story will take us. great story with twists and turns and action but with interesting creatures and background to the world of fantasy, plus a really well written humour like keeps it light hearted. fantastic first book cant wait for the sequel.
on 24 August 2011
I enjoyed this book - the main character was interesting although not well develped and I really liked the story-line I found it quite unusual, highly engrossing and unpredictable which isnt a given with many books of this genre. Hopefully the writer will further develop her character in the next book.
on 7 May 2011
I was unsure about buying this book but i am so glad i did.

Its refreshing as i am getting sick of vamp and were books so when i started reading this little gem i couldn't put it down, its brillant!!!